spc
Search similar:

uniqs

sethryan
@cme.com

sethryan

Anon

Extended wait times

I'd like to register a complaint with Adam about the "extended hold times" every time I call Speakeasy support. I've been having some issues as of late, last week a ground issue, this week SBC stole my pair for my new neighbors downstairs.

I know neither of these are Speakeasy's fault but having to wait on the phone for nearly an hour every time is unacceptable for what I pay for service (over $100/mo just for data). I called last night at 11:00pm, and waited 45 minutes, same thing this morning. It seems no matter what time of day I call, network issue or not, there is a long wait to get someone on the phone.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Teh best way to contact him: »Update - Requesting Support

drmorley
MVM
join:2000-12-20
Three Lakes, WI

drmorley to sethryan

MVM

to sethryan
Yeah, the hold times never used to be an issue, but they've been pretty ridiculous lately.
adamA6
Adam Alexander
join:2003-09-23
Seattle, WA

adamA6 to sethryan

to sethryan
Thanks very much for your inquiry.

I'd like to first and foremost acknowledge our current challenges within our Customer Support Department. As some of you may have experienced, we have experienced longer than normal hold times to reach our premium Customer Support Representatives.

This has been due to a number of factors, but is definitely on the radar of Speakeasy's Management Team, and several actions are in the works to move these numbers back to their normal numbers.

As some of you may be aware, a one time event that was unplanned for was the decommissioning of the MCI DSL platform as a result of Verizon's acquisition. This has caused some hardship to both our customers and to our Activations and Customer Support Teams as we work through migrations to alternate last mile providers.

The other item, while it's a good problem to have, is quickly being acted on. Speakeasy has recently closed one of our most successful quarters to date in Q1 2006. With this success, has come a greater need to support our incoming customer base. We're trying to hire on all cylinders at the moment, as some of you may have heard or noticed. There are quite a few open opportunities at Speakeasy, with our experienced growth, and forecasts for the duration of the year.

At the moment, Speakeasy's Training Team is working to bring in a class of new hires, the largest in the company's history, and we're still actively hiring: »www.speakeasy.net/jobs

We appreciate your concerns-- rest assured we're acting quickly, and are hiring from a specialized talent pool here in the Seattle region to ensure our quality of service remains consistent to our customer's expectations (that's you guys!). We expect wait times to stabilize and become closer to normal in the mid-May timeframe.

If you do have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,