Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

planet

join:2001-11-05
Oz
kudos:1

Lost email on new webmail

Sent myself 4 test emails from Yahoo account to upgraded Cox Webmail. Received 2 (half) of them. That was 3 hrs ago. Anybody else lost email?

cableguy619
Premium
join:2003-06-24
Chula Vista, CA
nope mine is working fine, they will probably show up eventually haha...I havent seen any issues yet...

needforspeed59
Cruise Ship Just Passing Through

join:2001-05-02
La Place, LA
reply to planet
Everything is fine here. Have you tried using a mail client like OE? See if they show up that way.
--
Of all the people I know... you're one of them.

Myrmidon9

@cox.net
reply to planet
Planet,

I've had similar problems since the upgrade, I've regularly missed out on some emails over the past two weeks. I've contacted Cox several times and all they tell me is that they know there's a problem, a lot of people have been complaining, and they're working on it. But TWO WEEKS of such a serious email problem seems unreasonable; I'm very upset with their service, their lack of communication regarding the problem, and their inability to fix it. Somehow I doubt they are leaving their business customers hanging like this...

nmlobo

join:2002-11-02
Yorktown, VA
I don't remember receiving ANY email on my cox account since they implemented the new spam filter. No spam, nothing. Webmail has not even created a spam folder for me to check.

Helen b

@cox.net
reply to Myrmidon9
Same problem here. They say there is a problem but their "customer service" rep seemed very indifferent to my concern. He kept saying "oh yeah, something happened last week" even though I think the problem is ongoing. It is embarrassing to think how many people are out there thinking I am just irresponsible in not replying to them. This is ultimately costing me business and my reputation. Ridiculous!

Jigsaw
Stardust We Are
Premium
join:2000-10-21
Cleveland, OH
reply to planet
said by planet:

Sent myself 4 test emails from Yahoo account to upgraded Cox Webmail. Received 2 (half) of them. That was 3 hrs ago. Anybody else lost email?
I know i lost 2 but who knows how many others.I just switched a few sites to my g-mail account.2 weeks and counting is way to long for just a e-mail thing IMHO.I wonder just how many real e-mail's people lost im betting alot.
--
»www.auralmoon.com/html/ Stimulating ears for 6 years

mooners89

@cox.net
reply to planet
I can confirm a few missing messages. Some unknown but I was expecting.. MI know my mailing lists thingys arnt coming thru, I guess they're kinda archaic but I liked getting the digests.

Kinda cool no normal email and no more spam... i guess they've fixed the problem w/ no more email. its retarded anyway.

POB
Res Firma Mitescere Nescit
Premium
join:2003-02-13
Stepford, CA
reply to planet
As far as I know, seems to be working just fine here.

robertfl
Premium
join:2005-10-10
Mary Esther, FL
I've missed out on important e-mail as well. Cox did a really nice job at doing this. Glad I don't rely on them for important stuff (yet I managed to receive the "stock pick" o the week again)

I wonder if mail.com has port 26 open...

Rob

mmmm_beer

join:2002-03-14
Scottsdale, AZ
reply to planet
I have been missing a lot of emails since the change. And what really pisses me off, is that every email I got back from customer support is telling me how to use Webmail. I keep telling them that I know how to use Webmail and check my spam folder, I want to know why they were losing my emails. They won't admit they are losing any emails. I am sick of getting their canned responses that don't answer my questions and told them so.

robertfl
Premium
Mary Esther, FL
What cox should do is go back to the old system, work the quarks out, then with our feedback, go to the new system.

I would appricated it if you would allow black/white lists too and having people you send mail to would get automaticly in your white lists.

My only beef is when I order something and use my cox.net vs my cband.info account (which is used for mailing lists, etc)
I order something from say tiger direct, I miss out on an important e-mail with my UPS tracking number and it's important to track my packages because of personal reasons. (I've had packages delivered to the wrong house)

So Cox did a bad bad bad thing with this. I appreciate the effort but the system is very flawed.

Again, listen to us. Were your paychecks! Allow for a black/white list so that important messages get through (and block China and Russia which are hot spots for spam)

Rob

Jigsaw
Stardust We Are
Premium
join:2000-10-21
Cleveland, OH
reply to planet
"Cox recently revamped its email / WebMail offering for Cox High Speed Internet customers nationwide. Recently, Cox determined that some customers may not have received all of the email directed to them due to an internal technical issue. We have resolved the problem and email is now processing normally. Cox is dedicated to delivering a high-quality user experience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. For more information, please see the link, under [Announcements] titled "Possible Undelivered Email" on the Cox Support site."
From Network Status Page!!!

And this one
"All internal technical issues are believed to be resolved as of 05/04/06."

What has been resolved?What about the pop users or are now going to make everyone use webmail?
--
»www.auralmoon.com/html/ Stimulating ears for 6 years

Myrmidon9

@cox.net
reply to planet
I just called Cox to ask about the supposedly "resolved" issue since I haven't gotten the emails they lost yet. I spoke to a supervisor who confirmed for me that they have resolved the problem in the sense that there are no longer emails being lost, however, we will NOT be receiving the previous emails that were lost.

If Cox had any competition in this area besides Comcast I'd be switching immediately; I don't think I've ever heard of an ISP just losing parts of two weeks of their customers' email. Unacceptable service, especially the lack of communication to let their customers know about the problem.

mooners0

@cox.net
reply to planet
I started getting mail again after white listing... not sure if its that or they stopped dumping them for no reason(the "resolved issues"). Yea they fsked up big time those emails are gone forever. Think I should start using gmail now... let them spy on me

Gaarrrrr

@cox.net
I am having the same problem. I haven't received any emails at all today. This is utterly ridiculous.

robertfl
Premium
Mary Esther, FL
OK he res my other point. For years we have been bitching (including myself) about spam in our inboxes. Cox finally does something about it and we all gripe even more.

From what I've investigated, it LOOKS like we can enter in addresses in a white/black list at the internet tools. Now does this mean if we have say ordered something from say tigerdirect or crutchfield.com the e-mail will have gone poof? No.

What I would do is

1)DO NOT use the .cox.net address for anything IMPORTANT (say work clients, if you do use that for work, etc) I have had my papa johns confirmation order come in recently and that's good

2)Keep your PC's up to date. I'm still seeing spam coming in from .cox.net users who have their pc's turned to zombies.

3)Get a throw away account such as yahoo or mail.com OR if you have your own business get your own domain. Make sure the provider has port 26 available and your good to go.

-Rob

BurnedIn
Premium
join:2003-12-24
Bethesda, MD

4 edits

1 recommendation

said by robertfl:

For years we have been bitching (including myself) about spam in our inboxes. Cox finally does something about it and we all gripe even more.
Please don't include me in your "we". (Many times when people say "we" in forums, they really should say "I".)

Personally, I cringed every time that I saw you complaining in this forum about your spam issue and how you wanted Cox to fix it for you. Now e-mail is broken, as you asked for -- not "we", and certainly not me.

robertfl
Premium
Mary Esther, FL
I mean this whole group. EVERYBODY. We all have complained about this issue.

Rob

state
stress magnet
Serf
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6
said by robertfl:

I mean this whole group. EVERYBODY. We all have complained about this issue.
I'm gonna have to agree with BurnedIn See Profile, not everyone has complained about spam. Let's try not to use blanket statements, it sends the wrong message.
--
"To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research. -- Steven Wright

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
I haven't either.

ajwees41

radam

join:2004-02-13
Fairfax Station, VA
reply to planet
I ran into a similar problem and learned I had to reset "display" settings to something greater than "one" email on your webmail display page. Sorry if this answer is too elementtary for your problem.

hadirtyJlo

join:2004-03-31
Elk Grove, CA
reply to planet
I never complained about recieving spam, I dealt with it via Outlook and my eyes. I'd rather get 10000 messages, and have to dig through those to find all the real ones, than to have a random program using filters designed and decided upon by Cox techs sifting my email. At least that way I know I've gotten my email. I've missed out on over 40 emails from my friends and family on RoadRunner cable because Cox deleted them all as spam. Yes, my spam setting was on "Put these in a folder." Several times rechecked. Fact is, they simply lost it, and there's nothing indicating that they will change it back in the future. Good job Cox, as of August, you lose my $100+/mo.

DJ