SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to cypherstream

Premium Member

to cypherstream

Re: [northeast] FIOS Now Available to JeepMatt in Delaware!

Cypher-
I wouldn't be too sure about your Aunt just yet. Literally right down my street, there isn't even fiber hung yet. I believe they're doing my area section by section. Hanging, testing, Go live, then move on.

But i'll definitely be sure to post pics.

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by SeattleMatt:

Cypher-
I wouldn't be too sure about your Aunt just yet. Literally right down my street, there isn't even fiber hung yet. I believe they're doing my area section by section. Hanging, testing, Go live, then move on.

But i'll definitely be sure to post pics.
Be sure you do post pics. We people without FiOS wanna oogle your good fortune. You lucky SOB! Also, when you get the FiOS service installed, please be sure to post pictures of everything, speedtest too, etc, etc.

rrtek73
@sap-ag.de

rrtek73 to SeattleMatt

Anon

to SeattleMatt
I wouldn't count on it either. As far as I can tell, I'm right down the road from JeepMatt (near foulk & silverside) and I just checked and it still isn't available to me. I've seen verizon trucks on my street nearly every week, and my wife even said they were up on the pole in my backyard a couple weeks ago, but still no fios. Hopefully soon.

I'm not even saying I would definitely switch to them when it becomes available, but I would like it to happen so it forces Comcast to raise their speeds in this area as well. Fios install for me will be messy, so I'm not sure its worth the hassle if Comcast can hit me with 16 MB downloads for a close price. But if/when they start offering Fios tv near me, then it might become worth my while.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Hey RR-
Yeah, i'm in Chalfonte - they seem to be bringing live small pieces of the area one at a time. The area closest to Silverside has been live for a few months, while my part, which is closer to Grubb, is just going live.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA

cypherstream

MVM

Yes my Aunt can get fios. I put in her phone number, so the 2400 block of Dorval road is ready to go.

Now too bad I don't live in that area... its really nice.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Damn! If she's on the 2400 block of Dorval, then YES, she is close to me - and she's in the same "block" of neighborhood they just strung up.

Congrats!
SeattleMatt

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Hey guys-
Any tips on what to bump my Receive window to, etc using Dr.TCP thing?

Right now i'm set for 8/768 cable, so i'm assuming i'll need to bump it up.

GeekNJ
Premium Member
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ

GeekNJ

Premium Member

Verizon's software that they look to install at least on 1 machine during the setup sets your RWIN to some high 370k number. I don't think you'll see any difference over 256960.

And what are you going to "test" with the combinations? All you want to make sure is each machine is getting near the max on their own. What does A+B vs B+C tell you?