Search similar:

uniqs
Enders1
join:2006-05-03
Portland, OR

1 edit

Enders1

Switch from Covad to Speakeasy

Our company has had Covad VoIP service since October 2005 and have had nothing but problems - missed calls, a number of outages, poor quality of service, etc in addition to bad customer service and technical support. As a result we have been researching other VoIP companies that would still allow us to keep the majority of our phone equipment (Cisco phones). One of the ones we have seriously been considering is Speakeasy. I've found mixed reviews on them and am interested to find out from others who have switched from Covad to Speakeasy how this process went? What problems did you run into? Would you recommend their service? I'm also concerned because I found that they are a partner of Covad's and route their circuits through Covad's DSLAM's. I'm concerned because the sales rep we were speaking with never mentioned to me they were connected to Covad until I mentioned it, but also as we have had a number of outages since being on Covad I'm wondering if this is still going to happen if we switch to Speakeasy? Any input would greatly be appreciated!

Michieru2
zzz zzz zzz
Premium Member
join:2005-01-28
Miami, FL

Michieru2

Premium Member

It depends on your area if your telco services that area and not Covad you will be routed from your telco to Speakeasy.

I won't comment on Speakeasy VOIP since I do not have such a service.
adamA6
Adam Alexander
join:2003-09-23
Seattle, WA

adamA6 to Enders1

to Enders1
Enders -

I'd be happy to have a frank and honest discussion with you on the Business VoIP solution we offer. It sounds like this is for a company/business and you're looking at our hosted phone system solution.

We do utilize Covad as our primary vendor for connectivity, but have our own VoIP product, completely seperate and unrelated to Covad's.

Drop me a line to adama@hq.speakeasy.net and I can help provide some visibility into our operation and see if it meets your needs.

Thanks,

lua6
Premium Member
join:2002-08-15
New York, NY

lua6 to Enders1

Premium Member

to Enders1
Most ISPs pale in comparison to Speakeasy soley because they do not employ Adam.
Get in touch with Adam and you'll be in very good hands!