uniqs

RadioDoc

join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL

1 edit

RadioDoc to brooklynman4

to brooklynman4

Re: One Can Only Hope

I'd say they are more than just friends.

Verizon proved the concept. SBCatt is doing it's usual follow-the-leader dance. Since they don't compete with each other, wouldn't it be nice if they banded together to drive the cost of FTTH/P down enough to make it viable for general overbuilding? Now that would finally bring real competition head-on with cable, and the myth of "consumer choice" might actually move to the reality-based world.

By the way, SBCatt has been quietly installing FTTH to new developments for awhile now. If true, this is really just an expansion of that.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

5 recommendations

batterup

Premium Member

said by RadioDoc:

Since they don't compete with each other, wouldn't it be nice if they banded together to drive the cost of FTTH/P down enough to make it viable for general overbuilding?

You mean something like a national communication system? I wonder if that could work?

How about this slogan, ""ONE POLICY, ONE SYSTEM, UNIVERSAL SERVICE"? The holding company would be AT&T and the system could be called, "The Bell System" after Bell the inventor of the telephone. It's logo could be a bell, brilliant.
meta
join:2004-12-27

meta

How about the slogan "YOUR WORLD, SPIED ON."

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

batterup

Premium Member

said by meta:

How about the slogan "YOUR WORLD, SPIED ON."
That is Bush's slogan, the phone companies were merely following orders.