Premium
join:2001-08-28
Broomfield, CO
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

what can i see at 13660 feet?

Click for full size
What speed can i see at 13660 feet? I was just looking over at SE and i can get DSL But when i look at Quest i can only get 1.5 would this be the same?

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

they can provision 3 meg more than likely but if it is unstable they will either put you in safe mode and if that does not help drop you down to 1.5... I am just over 12K from the CO with good lines and easily getet 85-90% of my 1.5 meg line...
--
Brian

Michieru2
zzz zzz zzz
Premium
join:2005-01-28
Miami, FL
reply to MTBikerChris

I have the 1.5/768 package from Speakeasy and I am only 8400FT from my CO.

Here are the stats of my line taken at 8:52PM EST

Actual Port Rates: 1536 kbps Downstream / 768 kbps Upstream
Margin: 31.0 dB Downstream / 13.0 dB Upstream

Here are the stats of my line taken at 8:31PM EST

Actual Port Rates: 1536 kbps Downstream / 384 kbps Upstream
Margin: 28.0 dB Downstream / 23.0 dB Upstream

Notice that my upstream is just on the borderline but it fluctuates from 16-13 so it's still good.

Now the estimated CO length is 13660FT but do not rely on the mechanical system because it's not accurate. Calling and asking Speakeasy can give you a better assumption of the distance. Or find your CO located on BBR using your zipcode and determine the distance.

My guess is that you will only be able to get 1.5/384 but I would prefer that you call so you can get a better estimate on what you can actually get.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
reply to MTBikerChris

13db is not really "just on the borderline". Borderline is 6-7db. Without the output power and maximum output power values (or at least the occupancy percentage/maximum rate), it's hard to tell how close to the borderline you really are!

-- Rob
--
Rabble, rabble, rabble!

Michieru2
zzz zzz zzz
Premium
join:2005-01-28
Miami, FL

The borderline for not having any sync problems is what I really meant. 6-7db you will be experiencing sync problems.

Also the maximum output power I believe is 15 but at default it's set at 5.

mhy8

join:2000-08-25
Los Angeles, CA
reply to MTBikerChris

My initial estimate was 13000, but the actual value turned out to be 15,500

I get 1500/384 with 15 dB margins, and it works very well. Speakeasy tried bumping me up to 3000, but sync was not possible.

My guess is you would fall into pretty much the same situation. But believe me, the service is very good, much better than I get at work.

MTBikerChris
Premium
join:2001-08-28
Broomfield, CO
reply to MTBikerChris

Thanks for everyone for replying. i will take this all in when i order internet after i move.