spc
uniqs
backness
join:2005-07-08
K2P OW2

backness to bhorow

to bhorow

Re: Re-Broadcast ETC

ah, but what about the fact that the consumers who whould likely have access to this would have paid for access to watch it at the time of orginal broadcast?

I find it hard to believe that cablevision would be giving away access to these shows for free. Access would likely be granted to people who have already PAID for the channel, thereby making it a simple time shift which has already been deemed legal.

ITGuy72
Permanently Disco
Premium Member
join:2001-11-01
New York

ITGuy72

Premium Member

said by backness:

I find it hard to believe that cablevision would be giving away access to these shows for free.
They're not, that's the point of their stance in this. The networks however claim foul play because in effect they are perceiving them to re-broadcast content across the network without their consent, paid for or otherwise.
backness
join:2005-07-08
K2P OW2

backness

ok.. but the fact remains that only people who have paid for the content have access to it. The content providers are trying to have a double dip on the cable co. who in turn charges the consumer for access. I would agree if they were selling the product to a different customer, but servicing the same market with the same product, imo, the value of damage in this case is nill.

One would think that the opportunity to increase the following of this content would be embraced by the people who create it.

Or maybe they just think we are a bunch of sheep