uniqs
share rss forum feed

Justakiwi
Premium
join:2004-11-24
new zealand

1 recommendation

[BOINC] Who determines whether a project team gets "official" st

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this but I'm curious about something.

Who determines which project teams will be given the "Official" BBR stamp? Is there some list of criteria for determining which teams/projects will be officially supported?

I'm hoping that there will eventually be an official team for WGC. Any chance of this happening?

--
"Stand up and walk out of your history" ~ Phil McGraw

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3

Re: [BOINC] Who determines if a project team becomes "official"?

»DC SUPPORT representatives can bring your request to the DCS Forum. They as a group, would make a recommendation to BBR site management. At least that is my understanding.

Patience, and a show of interest would not hurt either. A thread like this one with other voicing a show of support, ...
--
Jim -- USA2K
SEE: |DCWU |FP |FAH |BVX REVIEW |
FWD, Vonage 01/03-12/04, 04/06-now

m00kie
Yes, Nurse Ratched
Premium
join:2000-09-11
reply to Justakiwi

Re: [BOINC] Who determines whether a project team gets "official

I also would like to see WCG receive official status. I have been told "unofficially" that there has to be more interest shown by more people for that to happen.

My personal belief, though, is that if a project is a not-for-profit and would not bring disrepute to Broadbandreports.com, it should be granted that status. Getting x number of people interested and crunching before consideration is given seems wrong.

Make the team and it will succeed or fail on its own. I believe the current method is wrong. If this argument isn't valid then we need to know exactly how many members it would take to petition for official status.

Justakiwi
Premium
join:2004-11-24
new zealand

said by m00kie:

I also would like to see WCG receive official status. I have been told "unofficially" that there has to be more interest shown by more people for that to happen.

Maybe I should start a dedicated thread for this? That way, we could get some idea of who would be interested in crunching for an official BBR team. Then, perhaps we can put a case to the DCS Forum, with the thread as an indication of support for the idea?

I think I'll go do it now actually. Come on over and add your name once I've posted a new thread.

--
"Stand up and walk out of your history" ~ Phil McGraw

Vericima
Beautiful But Deadly
Premium
join:2003-01-07
Manchester, CT
reply to Justakiwi

Plz excuse my ignorance, but what is WGC?

TSWB.org
Premium,ExMod 2000-04
join:2000-07-11
Winnipeg, MB

»www.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp

Vericima
Beautiful But Deadly
Premium
join:2003-01-07
Manchester, CT

Wow, you're on it today

TSWB.org
Premium,ExMod 2000-04
Winnipeg, MB

Nah, just home and sitting at the computer. Welcome to all things BOINC, and if it's not BOINC it's crrrap!

MikeC
Premium
join:2001-09-24
Des Plaines, IL

lol That saturday night live skit was hilarious....

m00kie
Yes, Nurse Ratched
Premium
join:2000-09-11

»www.geocities.com/earthfiles/snl···crap.wav

TSWB.org
Premium,ExMod 2000-04
Winnipeg, MB

downloadscottish.zip 32,728 bytes
(scottish.wav)
We need someone to do that with BOINC!