« An example.medium is the message »
This is a sub-selection from Easy Solution

Tomek
Premium
join:2002-01-30
Valley Stream, NY
reply to N3OGH

Re: Easy Solution

Now imagine having a small printer in your car. Everytime you go above 65mph it prints you a out a nice ticket.
--
Semper Fi

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs
kudos:2
I'd be broke

N10Cities
Premium
join:2002-05-07
Fort Smith, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Tomek
said by Tomek:

Now imagine having a small printer in your car. Everytime you go above 65mph it prints you a out a nice ticket.
Some rental car companies out there use GPS receivers in their rental vehicles to track the speed you are driving their vehicles and charge you a fine if you go over a certain speed. I remember an article about that and the uproar it caused awhile back...but we are getting off-topic a bit...

Tomek
Premium
Valley Stream, NY
Gotham Dream Cars in NYC, do that stuff, the can remotely disable your car if it's in violation of rules (ie speeding, etc)
--
Semper Fi

Shark_615

join:2006-01-17
Pickering, ON
reply to Tomek
So everytime you break the law you are punished? Whats wrong with that?

Tomek
Premium
Valley Stream, NY
You will change your opinion when you get a speeding ticket for doing 66 in 65mph zone.
--
Semper Fi

rit56

join:2000-12-01
New York, NY
reply to Tomek
haha

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs
kudos:2
reply to Tomek
Most jurisdictions don't allow for speeding citations for only 1 MPH over the limit.

I can't attest for laws in other states, But I do know the law in Pennsylvania.

You have to be at least 5 MPH over the limit to be stopped for speeding if tracked by radar (only the State Police can use radar in PA).

You have to be at least 10 MPH to be stopped when tracked using the Robic or Accutrack stopwatch.

The only way you can be stopped for exactly 1 MPH over the limit is of you are clocked or paced by an officer in a cruiser with a certified speedometer, but that's probably not going to happen.

Just about any judge is going to find a defendant not guilty for a citation written for 1 mile over the limit. I say just about every because I can't account for every judge in PA, but any cop that writes someone for going 1 MPH over the limit is going to look like a total ass hat in front of the local judge.

networkengineer

@dreamhost.com

1 recommendation

reply to Shark_615
Both these narrow minded people truly don't understand the issues, instead the subscribe to the 'God elected George Bush' model.

Lets say I got an abortion. It's legal, today, to get an abortion anywhere. But what happens when the law changes? Abortion is illegal next year. All of a sudden, they have the ability to see who got an abortion in the last 3 years. Now, I'm charged with murder, because the definition of a 'criminal' has just changed.

What if I bought a ReplayTV. Those were legal in 2001. However, they violated the DMCA. All of a sudden, the police can get a record of everyone who owns one. Now I could be charged under the DMCA unless I turned it in.

What if I were jewish? And all of a sudden, christianity was the official 'state' religion. Don't think it can't happen, there are many many republican-cons who desperately want it to happen. Now, the police have a record of whose jewish, and unless I wear the star of david on my coat, I'll be arrested?

All 3 of these things are the result of a government having too much power. The ONLY time the government can ever spy on someone is with a warrant. What the current government wants, is the ability to run fishing expeditions, which is a complete violation of the 4th amendment. The NSA is already violating the 4th amendment, no matter what sieg bush says.

The FACT that people are aware that someone is watching them, results in the loss of freedom. Unlike the fascist supporters of Heil Bush, I lived under a totalitarian domain, and I know what it's like to be watched. Luckily, we executed the pig back in 89, along with all his Securitate pigs. For those who support the government watching everything you do, know this. Should I rise to power, and I very well may someday, ask yourself if you want ME to know exactly who posted pro Bush comments? And should that day come, and again, it very well may, it will be YOU who is arrested and executed. For you see, you are laying the groundwork for a revolution that will result in your own death. It happened in China with the Great Leap Forward. It happened in Vietnam, It happened in Laos. Don't think it can't happen here. Know that you have planted the seeds for your own execution, because you are too short sighted to see the problem of too much power in the hands of the few.

RARPSL

join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY
reply to N10Cities
said by N10Cities:

said by Tomek:

Some rental car companies out there use GPS receivers in their rental vehicles to track the speed you are driving their vehicles and charge you a fine if you go over a certain speed. I remember an article about that and the uproar it caused awhile back...but we are getting off-topic a bit...
There was also reports of using E-ZPass (electronic tool collection) data to issue speeding tickets. The idea is that when you go through two toll plazas on the highway, they'd compare the times recorded at the two plazas and then compute how fast you'd have to be going and then issue a ticket if you got to the 2nd plaza "too soon".