uniqs
share rss forum feed

Justakiwi
Premium
join:2004-11-24
new zealand

[BOINC] (WCG) Instruct to get new work

I'm having another brain freeze moment.

I was running WCG FightAids@home a while back. I supended the project temporarily and decided today to resume it. There were three WU sitting there that had expired so I figured I'd abort them, but for some reason abort didn't work, so I reset the project. I also went back into my preferences and set the project a 40% resource share.

However, it won't fetch new work and I can't figure out why not or how to force it to get some. I've updated the project but I just get "not requesting new work or reporting results".

How can I force the project to get new work?

(I'm running the linux version, using KBoincSpy for management)

--
"Stand up and walk out of your history" ~ Phil McGraw

Justakiwi
Premium
new zealand

1 recommendation

Never mind - for some reason it just decided to connect to the server and download work. Problem solved!

--

John Keck
Official Boinc-Er

join:2003-01-20
Vicksburg, MS
reply to Justakiwi
Hehe I was gonna say just wait a bit, it was probably a debt issued. Even though the debts don't move much when a project is suspended or set to no new work they do drift some.

Justakiwi
Premium
new zealand
said by John Keck:

Hehe I was gonna say just wait a bit, it was probably a debt issued. Even though the debts don't move much when a project is suspended or set to no new work they do drift some.
OK, I know what debt is, and I avoid getting in it unless absolutely necessary but what's a debt in the context of BOINC?

--

John Keck
Official Boinc-Er

join:2003-01-20
Vicksburg, MS
reply to Justakiwi
»boinc-wiki.ath.cx/index.php?titl···cheduler
Here is a place to start on debt. Basically the client keeps track of how much time it spends on each project and honors your resource shares long term.