uniqs
share rss forum feed

rob_in_chatt
Premium
join:2004-09-17
Chattanooga, TN

4 edits

blah

i am an assistant manager for a very popular southern fast food chain (fresh, hot, small & square is your hint to the chain name) but we offer free WIFI access to the public. all our stores that run the WIFI have the Cisco 500 directly behind the modem. it runs that shitty St. Bernard software. well www.limewire.com is filtered out, it says its restricted and so is break.com but here is the kicker. you can install any p2p program from your home and still use it to access our free internet to run the application. i have caught several people in the parking lot, sitting there for hours on end downloading god knows what. well i have a switch in the back that shuts off the wireless. when i see someone in the parking lot for an odd amount of time i go and shut the access point off. i love it when they come in and complain your free internet went down and my reply is oh really? i dont even own a computer so im clueless to whats wrong with it. i hope that the firmware on this little box DLink offers is a little more secure than that crap from St Bernard.

edit: what kills me is the ISP for the majority of all our stores is comcast and in comcasts EULA or TOS i think its referred to as, strictly prohibits public sharing of the connection. does this make a difference seeing how it is a company doing it? i dont want to sit and read the TOS to find out so maybe someone knows about that because i dont.

Cheese
Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL
kudos:1
said by rob_in_chatt:

i am an assistant manager for a very popular southern fast food chain (fresh, hot, small & square is your hint to the chain name) but we offer free WIFI access to the public.
Mmmmm, White Castle or Krystal Burger?

techwench
I Work For Food
Premium
join:2003-06-26
Garland, TX
I'm guessing Krystal.

...I'm hungry now...

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL
said by techwench:

I'm guessing Krystal.

...I'm hungry now...
Well, they both do the same type of burgers. Both Yummy too!

techwench
I Work For Food
Premium
join:2003-06-26
Garland, TX
said by Cheese:

Yes!

...well, unless you get those frozen white castle burgers...(not so hungry, anymore *thinking of frozen white castle burgers*)

Krystal offers wifi (just came back from their website). I just wish they had one closer to me...like...across the street would be nice!

bhayman

join:2002-01-24
Greenville, PA
reply to Cheese
YUM, Yum belly bombers

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL
reply to techwench
said by techwench:

said by Cheese:

Yes!

...well, unless you get those frozen white castle burgers...(not so hungry, anymore *thinking of frozen white castle burgers*)

Krystal offers wifi (just came back from their website). I just wish they had one closer to me...like...across the street would be nice!
Yea, Don't have either down here, except frozen

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Cheese
said by Cheese:

said by techwench:

I'm guessing Krystal.
You.. are crazy! Krystal doesn't taste ANYTHING like White Castle. They look the same, yes, but they are definitely not the same. I remember the first time I traveled south and ate a Krystal, expecting it to be like WC. I was horribly disappointed. I think WC soaks the buns in the onion grease, while Krystal serves 'em dry.
--
What's certain about Darwinism is that it would take less time for (1) a single-celled organism to evolve into a human being through mutation and natural selection than for (2) Darwinists to admit they have no proof of (1) - Ann Coulter

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL
said by footballdude:

said by Cheese:

said by techwench:

I'm guessing Krystal.
You.. are crazy! Krystal doesn't taste ANYTHING like White Castle. They look the same, yes, but they are definitely not the same. I remember the first time I traveled south and ate a Krystal, expecting it to be like WC. I was horribly disappointed. I think WC soaks the buns in the onion grease, while Krystal serves 'em dry.
I haven't had them in MANY years, but all I remember is, I liked them!
Expand your moderator at work

rob_in_chatt
Premium
Chattanooga, TN
reply to Cheese

Re: blah

yup........Krystal

rob_in_chatt
Premium
Chattanooga, TN

2 edits
reply to Cheese
the cooking process is fairly the same, the secret to it is the amount of onions that are placed on the burger, what makes the bun soggy is how much onion juice is put on the grill from the onions. a 3 finger pinch is what goes on each patty and the grills hold 24 each. white castle's are the "no flip" meaning a ton of onions are put on the grill first (about 3 times as many as our procedure), then the meat patty then the bread. you then close the lid and it cooks that way. from start to finish, its about 7 minutes for us anyway. the white castles takes a little while longer to cook as the product is put together with the meat frozen. so the longer they are under the grill lid, the soggier they are going to be. ours is meat first, then onions. after the first stage, the timer beeps, you then flip the meat, add the buns and close the lid. WC vs Us, the buns are under a lid steaming for about 3.5 minutes longer. krystal's standards are for approx. 50% of the bun where the meat is to have the "grey goo" as its referred too. meaning about half the bun where the meat is should be slightly soggy.

EDIT : wow, i didnt mean to create a thread within a thread...........sorry mods

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
said by rob_in_chatt:

i didnt mean to create a thread within a thread...........sorry mods
Stream of consciousness, gotta love it.

Doesn't Krystal also put mustard on theirs? WC just slaps a pickle on.
--
What's certain about Darwinism is that it would take less time for (1) a single-celled organism to evolve into a human being through mutation and natural selection than for (2) Darwinists to admit they have no proof of (1) - Ann Coulter

rob_in_chatt
Premium
Chattanooga, TN
mustard and piuckle yes...........its been so long since i had a WC i think they use ketchup instead of mustard.

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
said by rob_in_chatt:

its been so long since i had a WC i think they use ketchup instead of mustard.
Nope, nothing but onions and a pickle.