POB
Res Firma Mitescere Nescit
Premium Member
join:2003-02-13
Stepford, CA

POB

Premium Member

No Thanks

Overpriced and probably easily exploitable too. All-in-ones aren't usually worth the money because bundling processes usually results in the wholesale depreciation of the entire thing. There is no possible way that D-Link could ever hope to keep up with, much less outpace, hackers, crackers, spyware, spybots & spam.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

Re: No Thanks

said by POB:

Overpriced and probably easily exploitable too. All-in-ones aren't usually worth the money because bundling processes usually results in the wholesale depreciation of the entire thing. There is no possible way that D-Link could ever hope to keep up with, much less outpace, hackers, crackers, spyware, spybots & spam.
It all depends.

I have used a fortinet firewall that provided the same features and was always on top of virus defs, spyware, and so on. Course, that system was $2000 up front and there was a yearly fee for def updates.

I am going to hold off on reviews until toms hardware or another site does an official review on it.
steveymacjr
join:2001-01-25
Matthews, NC

steveymacjr

this is just like the iBoss from iPhantom... dlink's a lil late to the party!
stufried
Premium Member
join:2003-10-13

stufried

Premium Member

I think iPhantom gives you a VPN back to their Switch. DLink seems to do it in the router. I've heard a few people suggestion iPhantom as a tool to deal with a ISPs who interfere with certain services (e.g. peer-to-peer or VOIP).
Spudge_Boy
join:2004-09-17
Orange, CA

Spudge_Boy to steveymacjr

to steveymacjr
This does much more than the iBoss or iPhantom.

click_310
Eat my shorts
join:2002-12-06
Savannah, GA

click_310 to POB

to POB
said by POB:

There is no possible way that D-Link could ever hope to keep up with, much less outpace, hackers, crackers, spyware, spybots & spam.
Or kids...