Premium Member
join:2004-09-17
Chattanooga, TN

2 edits

rob_in_chatt to Cheese

Premium Member

to Cheese

Re: blah

the cooking process is fairly the same, the secret to it is the amount of onions that are placed on the burger, what makes the bun soggy is how much onion juice is put on the grill from the onions. a 3 finger pinch is what goes on each patty and the grills hold 24 each. white castle's are the "no flip" meaning a ton of onions are put on the grill first (about 3 times as many as our procedure), then the meat patty then the bread. you then close the lid and it cooks that way. from start to finish, its about 7 minutes for us anyway. the white castles takes a little while longer to cook as the product is put together with the meat frozen. so the longer they are under the grill lid, the soggier they are going to be. ours is meat first, then onions. after the first stage, the timer beeps, you then flip the meat, add the buns and close the lid. WC vs Us, the buns are under a lid steaming for about 3.5 minutes longer. krystal's standards are for approx. 50% of the bun where the meat is to have the "grey goo" as its referred too. meaning about half the bun where the meat is should be slightly soggy.

EDIT : wow, i didnt mean to create a thread within a thread...........sorry mods

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by rob_in_chatt:

i didnt mean to create a thread within a thread...........sorry mods
Stream of consciousness, gotta love it.

Doesn't Krystal also put mustard on theirs? WC just slaps a pickle on.

rob_in_chatt
Premium Member
join:2004-09-17
Chattanooga, TN

rob_in_chatt

Premium Member

mustard and piuckle yes...........its been so long since i had a WC i think they use ketchup instead of mustard.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by rob_in_chatt:

its been so long since i had a WC i think they use ketchup instead of mustard.
Nope, nothing but onions and a pickle.
« No Thanks
This is a sub-selection from blah