uniqs
hiremichael
join:2007-05-10
Canada

1 edit

hiremichael to mazilo

to mazilo

Re: [PAP2] Unlocking Guide - Part II

>and/or unless you want to waste your time to learn on how to hack/unlock a PAP2v2 with a firmware v3.1.9c, you are better off to return this product and use your money to purchase a PAP2T-NA that is not locked.
--

Yeah, I tend to agree. I'm doing it out of "anger" now. Dang box kept me up all night.

I thought the NA model was still much more expensive and harder to find. Local big boxes only carry Vonage model and my local favorite retailers I'm not sure which model. I see NCIX has NA for $64 Canadian though and I paid $50 for Vonage locked. Perhaps I'll just return it and get NA.

I've made progress in the last hour. I was able to download the second file (29408 bytes) from vonage and the PAP2 seemed to accept it. Now it asks for a 3rd file that I can't get from Vonage now, but I imagine it will be there later, just like the 2nd file eventually showed up.

DogFace056
join:2005-12-09
Cary, NC

DogFace056 to hiremichael

to hiremichael
said by hiremichael:

BTW, it appears as if DogFace05 is the only one who knows how to NAIze. Is there some secrecy as to what he charges ?
No, there's no secret. However, it is against site policy to touch on anything about any service one might hmmm..., theoretically offer, let alone mention anything about pricing, so I try to refrain from discussing anything related to the subject on this and any other public forums.
havarian
join:2005-10-27

havarian to mazilo

to mazilo
said by mazilo:

How much did you pay for this PAP2, $60, $50, or even less?
20$ inc shipping
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to hiremichael

Premium Member

to hiremichael
said by hiremichael:

Yeah, I tend to agree. I'm doing it out of "anger" now. Dang box kept me up all night.
Welcome to the hacking nightmare ...
I thought the NA model was still much more expensive and harder to find. Local big boxes only carry Vonage model and my local favorite retailers I'm not sure which model. I see NCIX has NA for $64 Canadian though and I paid $50 for Vonage locked. Perhaps I'll just return it and get NA.
Honestly, every-now-and-then BestBuy sells a Linksys/Vonage locked WRTP54G VoIP router for more/less $60. If you follow links on my post about Devomit Vonage(?) from RTP300/WRTP54G, you should be able to completely unlock this Linksys/Vonage locked WRTP54G VoIP router that won't get re-locked after a factory reset. The only problem with this is you will need to mod every WRTP54G-NA firmware to feed this router. In other words, every time Linksys releases new version of WRTP54G-NA firmware, you will need to mod the firmware before it can be fed into your WRTP54G VoIP router. I am aware of someone has some knowledge to make a Linksys/Vonage locked WRTP54G VoIP router to take a Linksys released WRTP54G-NA firmware without any mods; however, it is going to cost you $$$ because this person isn't willing to release the information, except wanting to make some $$$. Well, I can't condone what this person wants to do with his/her knowledge, except knowing him/her has spent quite of his/her time to learn/hack this router. That's why, I do understand why DogFace05 decided to provide a NAizer service for some fees.
I've made progress in the last hour. I was able to download the second file (29408 bytes) from vonage and the PAP2 seemed to accept it. Now it asks for a 3rd file that I can't get from Vonage now, but I imagine it will be there later, just like the 2nd file eventually showed up.
If you read posts in this thread, you will learn that these XML provision files are dynamically created by Vonage servers and will be available only for a very short period before they get deleted. So, unless you really know what you are doing, it is almost impossible for you to get these files. Also, if you read more carefully from posts here, there is some mentions of a fully provisioned PAP2v1 with a firmware v3.1.9c is almost impossible to unlock, but not impossible to NAize. So, unless you really know what you will be doing, you ought to refrain yourself from feeding your PAP2v1 with all three XML provision files.
mazilo

mazilo to havarian

Premium Member

to havarian
said by havarian:

20$ inc shipping
That's not a bad deal for a discontinued Linksys/Vonage locked PAP2v1 although some people in HongKong (HK) do sell a refurbished and fully unlocked Linksys/Vonage locked PAP2v1 for $20 + S/H from HK. I believe these people are able to perform a ROM dump from a PAP2v1-NA, modified its serial # and MAC address, and then upload this modded PAP2v1-NA ROM dump to a Linksys/Vonage locked PAP2v1 to turn it into a PAP2v1-NA.
hiremichael
join:2007-05-10
Canada

hiremichael to mazilo

to mazilo
>So, unless you really know what you will be doing, you ought to refrain yourself from feeding your PAP2v1 with all three XML provision files.

Yeah, thanks for all the info. I do embedded software for a living so I could figure it out but it's not worth it. Every time I tried another file, it wanted to TFTP a new one. Endless cycle.

I'll just return this thing and get an NA shipped. I've set up an asterisk VOIP system in the house and need reliability so I don't want something I have to worry about, like failed firmware updates etc.
snipers
join:2007-07-27

snipers to rcilink

to rcilink
hi

i have a linksys PAP2-TB and it's locked , i cant connect to pap2 by web nothink , programs to update firmware dont work , only DHCP work i see ip , can anybody help ME ? i will pay in from poland , please help ,
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by snipers:

i will pay in from poland , please help
Try to contact and/or PM to DogFace05. He is the only one who can help you if you are willing to pay as you mentioned above.

tonUSR
@totbb.net

tonUSR

Anon

Hi, Do you konow if he. DogFace05, can unlock PAP2-VN that has been connected to the internet before. It now has 3.1.9LSc firmware in it.

Ton

H_arora
@rogers.com

H_arora to mazilo

Anon

to mazilo

pap2 original spaxxxxXML file

I have a unlocked my pap2 now loaded with 3.1.6. It started working fine but often tries to re-register every 2 seconds. i checked all my register time setting(set to 3600, tried 1200, 600, nothing works).

Anyone else ever had same problem.???
Any solution???

Sometimes even if it gets register for the set value(say 3600 sec), i get into another Problem, it starts sending NOTIFY message every 2 seconds or so.

its been more than 2 hours now that i was looking to find a sample xml file on the forum, but i could not find any. I tried to de-crypt my original spaxx.xml file but in vain. (openssl says bad de-crypt error)

I was wondering if somebody can load or point me to a decrypted spaxxx.xml (original), which i can feed my pap2 (ofcourse after removing all the vonage server GPP values) and see if it works.

Thanks in advance.
Harry
arsh42
join:2007-03-06
L'Ile-Bizard, QC

arsh42

PAP2 version 3.1.8

Hello all,
I just bought the pap2 with firmware 3.1.8, I tried to follow the instructions but I think I made a mistake in the process and now I am stuck, I will really apriciate any help on this. Here what I did.

1> setup tftp,simple dns plus and apache software on my pc.
2> donwload the mac.xml file from vonage and put it in the TFTP-root dir.
3> run the network sniffer on the pc and power up the pap2, pap2 took the file.
4> I restart the pap2 and it requested an other xxxx/mac.xml file also it requested the file from /+001xxxx folder.
5> I created a folder xxxxx/mac.xml in the TFTP-root dir and also created a folder called /+001xxxx on root of web server.
6> power up the pap2 again it took the xxxx/mac.xml file from the tftp but it never requested the /+001xxxx file from the web server again. I tried many times, it always take the file xxxx/mac.xml fromtftp but no more request for the firmware from /+001xxxx folder. I can not access the unit via web interface, I tried to put the fake xml file in the xxxx/mac.xml but still no access with web interface. If I connect the phone on line 1 and check the firmware version it says 3.1.8. I do not know what to do next , I went thro all the posts but did not see any thing on that.
I think the mistake was made on step#5, I should have only created the folder /+001xxxx on the root of web server and not the folder xxxx/mac.xml on the tftp-root for that moment.