Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to mypiv7

Premium Member

to mypiv7

Re: [PAP2] Unlocking Guide - Part II

said by mypiv7:

After factory reset the fw is 3.1.3 but locked and the dns method doesn't work anymore to unlock it. the pap now needs 3 xml files from different ports too.
If your PAP2 still has v3.1.3, you can still unlock it using the firmware spoofing method as mentioned in the beginning of the other post. Please read them to understand. And, please remember to save a copy of your PAP2 GPP_K values once you have it unlocked!
mypiv7
join:2006-04-29
USA

mypiv7

said by mazilo:

said by mypiv7:

After factory reset the fw is 3.1.3 but locked and the dns method doesn't work anymore to unlock it. the pap now needs 3 xml files from different ports too.
If your PAP2 still has v3.1.3, you can still unlock it using the firmware spoofing method as mentioned in the beginning of the other post. Please read them to understand. And, please remember to save a copy of your PAP2 GPP_K values once you have it unlocked!
That's what i am doing but no luck so far. I was able to do the same steps while helping another friend of mine as we bought pap together with the same fw ver
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by mypiv7:

That's what i am doing but no luck so far. I was able to do the same steps while helping another friend of mine as we bought pap together with the same fw ver
Can you access to the webpage of your PAP2?
mypiv7
USA

1 edit

mypiv7

said by mazilo:

said by mypiv7:
Can you access to the webpage of your PAP2?
Yes i can now after i did a factory reset again and i feed the xml file Sukru Bey posted here renamed to my spaMymac. Also added the admin/user pswd but still it doesn't upload the file nor allows admin access.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by mypiv7:

Yes i can now after i did a factory reset again ...
Just do a firmware upgrade with modded SPA2K firmware.
mypiv7
USA

mypiv7

said by mazilo:

said by mypiv7:
Just do a firmware upgrade with modded SPA2K firmware.
I try this method in 1st post at »[PAP2] Unlocking Guide but it is asking for admin password.
rizzo2dial
Premium Member
join:2004-08-05

1 recommendation

rizzo2dial to mypiv7

Premium Member

to mypiv7
said by mypiv7:

Stop feeding your adapter XML files, and stop doing any DNS, TFTP, etc. spoofing! If your PAP2 truly has firmware 3.1.3 in it, factory Reset your adapter and follow the instructions in the ORIGINAL POST of the ORIGINAL PAP2 UNLOCKING GUIDE! THE END.

It should take you all of 5 minutes to unlock your adapter.

christcorp
Premium Member
join:2001-05-21
Cheyenne, WY

christcorp

Premium Member

Agree 100%. My PAP2 came with 3.1.3 on it brand new. Virgin. It took me more time to find the 2 firmware files than it took to do the procedure. Took me 10 minutes, because after going to Sipura, turning off provisioning, and going back to PAP2, and then decided to go to SPA1001 and leave it like that. (Thanks for that tip by the way). Now I can factory reset it if I want and not worry.

Of course I figured out AFTER the fact, I could have just gone straight from 3.1.3 locked to the SPA1001 firmware. Or at least that is what I believe I could have done.

Either way, the 3.1.6 or below unlocking is a breaze. Later... Mike...
rizzo2dial
Premium Member
join:2004-08-05

1 edit

rizzo2dial to mypiv7

Premium Member

to mypiv7
said by mypiv7:

I try this method in 1st post at »[PAP2] Unlocking Guide but it is asking for admin password.
Then you're an idiot individual who can't properly read and follow the OP of that thread.

Go back and re-read steps 5, 6 and 7. Keep re-reading them until you understand how to follow simple instructions. If you still don't get it, read the first 100 or so posts in that thread. That issue has been raised and addressed countless times in that thread.

EDIT: In the spirit of sticking w/ BBR rules, replaced "idiot" with "individual." Besides, it was an insult to idiots!

brownfox
@wustl.edu

brownfox

Anon

Till now anyone find a way of unlocking used PAP2s with 3.1.9 version?