Granpa Paul
MVM,
join:2001-07-14

1 recommendation

paul to m00kie

MVM,

to m00kie

Re: Suggestion for Team Names

Why don't we start with Starfire? We could change the Seti team name, Einstein, too. Any other teams created from here on out can follow the system also.

Paul
John Keck
Official Boinc-Er
join:2003-01-20
Vicksburg, MS

2 recommendations

John Keck

said by paul:

Why don't we start with Starfire? We could change the Seti team name, Einstein, too. Any other teams created from here on out can follow the system also.

Paul
Sounds like a good idea to me. Team Starfire has been leading the way in BOINC all along. That would also increase the project count on our top team from 3 to 5, assuming PP@H and orbit@home are changed as well. It probably will not be enough to bump us to 4th spot but it is a step in the right direction.

As for which projects I'm interested in a BBR team the list is here: »www.boincstats.com/stats ··· 214ea0e5

SliderNC
Master Of Disaster
Premium Member
join:2002-12-12
Cornelius, NC

3 recommendations

SliderNC to paul

Premium Member

to paul
Not to sound like a broken record, but if you think any of us are running any of these projects for stats, you are gravely mistaken. I run multiple projects across my network whenver I feel I want to crunch for a particular cause, just like many others. The problem here is that there is no team unity between the rest of the DCS teams. The BOINC projects aligning under the same name would provide this unity.

usa2k See Profile said it best that in their heart, they know what cause they are crunching for and truthfully, I hope everyone does in your heart. I would like nothing more than to see all teams here united under one team name. For one, it bolsters a sense of unity. It creates a buzz that will attract more people to our forums and to crunch for our various causes.

I think the problem is that projects have the, "this is our sandbox and these are our toys and we aren't willing to share or be openminded about them" syndrome. If we could get past that, we wouldn't have a need for a DCS.