sabersaw
Premium Member
join:2001-08-21
Dayton, OH

sabersaw to jrs8084

Premium Member

to jrs8084

Re: AC Wiring causes wierd chirping sound

My gas meter emits some kind of signal that gets into my electronics. I don't know if its just squeaking (and have just gone plain crazy) cause there is a audio tone next to it. Seems like some nasty pulse modulation... cant find it with freq counter.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

said by sabersaw:

My gas meter emits some kind of signal that gets into my electronics. I don't know if its just squeaking (and have just gone plain crazy) cause there is a audio tone next to it. Seems like some nasty pulse modulation... cant find it with freq counter.
HEY!!!!!!!!!! Good point, I never heard anything from my water meter or electric meter but I believe both can be accessed remotely. I believe you have to initiate the communications but I'm not sure.

sabersaw
Premium Member
join:2001-08-21
Dayton, OH

sabersaw

Premium Member

It may just be my imagination of the sound actually getting into the electronics. But it does make a chirping sound. Very annoying and unmistakable The meter is inside and you can hear it all throughout the house. Even outside sometimes. This only sounds off when the gas is being consumed. I thought there was a problem with it til I heard the one at work chirp the same. (gas meter is outside near the smoke break area )