spc
uniqs
99664227 (banned)
Heavily MODerated
join:2002-11-21
USA

99664227 (banned) to ctaul5

to ctaul5

Re: Is Verizon Fios better than Comcast Cable?

said by ctaul5:

yesssss verizon has a 15/2 plan that is the same cost as comcast.....i jumped ship from comcast the day fios was availible in out area and now have fios tv to and have no regrets
What he said.... However, I don't have FiOS TV. Still using Comcast for basic cable only.
OG_Monkey
join:2006-02-03
Riverdale, MD

OG_Monkey

thanks

danclan
join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA

danclan to 99664227

to 99664227
i was going to cancel my movies due to price increases but they offered me via the web all the movie channels for 6 months at 59.99$ which even adding all the other costs is still 50$ less than i was paying for more channels...so in another 6 months i will try to quit again and see what they do for me
Josimars
join:2001-04-24
Port Chester, NY

Josimars

I have been using FIOS for about a year now and I haven't had any problems. I never like the idea of having all my eggs in one basket so I started out using DSL for Internet and using cable for entertainment etc. I had an accident at my house when a tree fell from outside of my house and broke both my FIOS Service and cable. The telephone company had my service up the next day. The cable company told me to wait 10 days. I waited the 10 days and when they came they told me because it's raining so they have to reschedule. I said fine but asked how much more I had to wait. The guy said 10 days. That was enough I have been using satellite ever since and guess what it came the next day.

PGHammer
join:2003-06-09
Accokeek, MD

PGHammer

As opposed to the other posters in here largely (for whatever reason) recommending FIOS while insulting Comcast by calling the company names, I, even though I'm a *happy* CHSI customer (and cable TV customer) will recommend FIOS for one reason (and one reason alone): bang for the buck. FIOS Internet 15/2 service is the same price as CHSI 6/384k for cable TV customers (whether you need the upload speed or not, that is *still* a no-brainer). If you game *at all*, their lack of lag makes FIOS Internet an even better deal. If you want FilePlanet/IGN Founders' Club, get it standalone for $69.95 (billed annually), which is cheaper than monthly billing (I have heard of the Verizon Gaming Network, which is similar in a lot of respects to Founders' Club; can someone fill us in on what VGN is, and how it compares to Founders' Club?). FIOS TV compares favorably to Comcast Digital Cable, and offers channels that Comcast does not.