Valhalla
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to ross7

Re: Being sued by tigerdirect.com for there screw up

I have not shopped at TD as i buy parts locally. I have heard mixed reviews about them the same as I have about NewEgg. Means nothing really.

It does not matter really as morals do play apart in trials. I have sat through numerous trials and morality/right and wrong do give or take points away. Even though you say it is wrong well that may be but do not delude yourself that it does not matter. Jurors are influenced by anything said in the courtroom.

Perhaps the businesses in your location take advantage of the consumer but in my location they bend over backwards to keep your business. Sorry your dealings with companies have left a sour taste in your mouth.
------------------------------------------------------------
The way the OP acted I am sure he will come back bragging full force if he wins and if he loses I will look in the RANT section of DSLR.

Edit*

quote:
I doubt if they even offered to pay his costs of shipping and storage, let alone any portion of his lost opportunity costs/potential profit on resale.
Your guessing because you do not know the context of the offer made when they originally asked for them back.

TD may have offered the OP something in return. Only the OP knows and he/she has left the building.

ross7

join:2000-08-16
Don't put words in my mouth, GK, and please try to address the issues I raised. You can cease presuming that you know wherefrom my thoughts on this subject spring. I can assure you that I am not a disgruntled consumer with an axe to grind. I am not an unquestioning slave either. I believe, as I have prevously stated, the error and loss to be borne, if any, in this instance is TigerDirect's. I also have stated that even if they are successful in pressing their questionable claim over the ownership of the routers ctaul purchased, they will have a considerably more difficult time enforcing recovery if the judgment is not obtained in the courts of ctaul's state of residence. These are not moral issues.

Where is your moral outrage over the shameless shabby treatment of customers who buy merchandise on the promise of rebates they'll never receive due to intentional interference or malfeasance by the reseller, or their hirees in processing the rebates. The hundreds of millions of dollars ripped off from consumers annually by rebate programs intended to defraud them makes this business of TigerDirect's router pricing snafu pale into obscurity. I wouldn't be too quick to bestow the mantle of wronged innocence upon TigerDirect.

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

1 recommendation

I am no more presuming then you are about what transpired between TD and the OP. You made a comment based on guessing and got called you on it.

You talk about rebates like no one gets them. Your experience with rebates differs from my experience greatly and I am sure many others. Where are those consumers that felt they got riped off? Calling the BBB or complaining about it. Bitching about the system yet doing nothing about it. I have no tears for them.

Sorry your shopping experience has been so bad. maybe you should shop elsewhere.

END*
--
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war!

ross7

join:2000-08-16
said by Grail Knight:

I am no more presuming then you are about what transpired between TD and the OP. You made a comment based on guessing and got called you on it.

You talk about rebates like no one gets them. Your experience with rebates differs from my experience greatly and I am sure many others. Where are those consumers that felt they got riped off? Calling the BBB or complaining about it. Bitching about the system yet doing nothing about it. I have no tears for them.

Sorry your shopping experience has been so bad. maybe you should shop elsewhere.

END*
Trying to communicate with you is tedious at best.

WTF are you talking about???????

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
quote:
Trying to communicate with you is tedious at best.
I have better things to do with my time then converse with people that think taking advantage of others mistakes is somehow self gratifying.

quote:
Where is your moral outrage over the shameless shabby treatment of customers who buy merchandise on the promise of rebates they'll never receive due to intentional interference or malfeasance by the reseller,
Moral outrage over rebates. Now thats a hoot.

Edited.

--
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war!
Expand your moderator at work