spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kw34

@24.81.x.x

Does my modem need replacing?

I have been using it for over a year, SB5100. Yesterday, the modem won't stay online. The modem reboots itself after 1 sec online (the green online led), and it keeps doing that (send > receive > online > reboot)... tried reset to default and reboot modem

I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with my line as my roomate tested his modem and could stay solid and works perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated.

kw34

@24.81.x.x
is it possible to bring down my modem to shaw store and will they test it out there and see if i need replacement?

waylman

@tac.net
give shaw a call
sounds like your modem is hosed, but could also be your router if you use one.

atnozm
Premium
join:2006-02-03
Schenectady, NY
reply to kw34
I don't know if they will actually test it there, but I'm sure you can get it swapped out at the office, we do it here all the time.

The E
Please allow me to retort
Premium
join:2002-05-26
Burnaby, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to kw34
What THEY said ^^^^

I'm not sure where you're from, but don't just cruise into Retail and demand a swap, I don't think it'll happen.

Call Tech support, have them check from their end and they'll recommend you go to retail (and note your acct so the Retail employee knows this is the appropriate action).

That is the method if you enjoy things going smoothly.

I hope you get your issue resolved.

E
--
"The believer is happy....the Doubter is wise"
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots"

XxREDxX

join:2003-06-05
Aldergrove, BC
Actually I've done that twice now. Just go in tell them the situation and they will give you a replacement. Of course they will require account info to verify you are a shaw customer.

pgcableguy

join:2006-02-03
Prince George, BC
There is always the chance there is an issue with your modem ... but there is also a possiblility of an issue with signal.

Your best course of action would be to request a free service call to determine exactly what the issue is