Nice addition!

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to BlitzenZeus

MVM

to BlitzenZeus
How many people typically stop following multiple threads at one time ?? For those who count mouse-clicks, it now takes twice as many to stop following one thread.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

1 edit

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

You had to open each thread, and then click the link for each thread... This way you can take care of multiple threads at one time.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin to Hall

Mod

to Hall
said by Hall:

How many people typically stop following multiple threads at one time ?? For those who count mouse-clicks, it now takes twice as many to stop following one thread.
That is true, but some people want to clear all their updated followed, and if I'm in a stop-following kind of mindset I can usually do 2 or 3 in one go.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to BlitzenZeus

MVM

to BlitzenZeus
You sure ?? I could have sworn there was a "stop" column before. Hence why I said it takes more clicks now. Previously, you could click once to stop following a thread.
Hall

Hall to justin

MVM

to justin
said by justin:

...and if I'm in a stop-following kind of mindset I can usually do 2 or 3 in one go.
I have to admit I often do that too. Usually it's just one at a time though for those "this thread has gotten really stupid" times.

Sir Raleigh
MVM
join:2001-07-31
Raleigh, NC

Sir Raleigh to BlitzenZeus

MVM

to BlitzenZeus
Well, I for one am glad to see it. There have been times when I and others have somehow failed to stop following a topic properly and the DLSR Notifier still shows an updated topic. Before I had to go to the "followed" page and start clicking the 'stop' link for hundreds of topics before I would finally hit the right one.
Now all we need is a single box to click which will put a check in all the boxes on the page at one time.

I'm going to have to give justin See Profile a thumbs up (if I can still do it) for this one.

Well, heck... I'll just do it this way:

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

to BlitzenZeus
said by BlitzenZeus:

Very useful

[att=2]
useless u know how long it will take to clear 2000+ of them
Expand your moderator at work

GeekNJ
Premium Member
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ

GeekNJ to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_

Re: Thank you - Followed: Stop following list/update

Wow, I have 6360 followed topics going back to Nov 2003. I guess that's how many threads I've posted in since then.

Should any thread that is followed but where you can no longer post (locked, too old, etc) not be counted in that view?

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

justin

Mod

not really. anyway that doesn't help. I'm not even sure why I bother displaying followed topics.

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion to BlitzenZeus

MVM

to BlitzenZeus
A little bit harder to find for those with larger monitor screens unless want to do some scrolling, the positive is can stop following more then one, but also have to scroll to bottom now in order to stop following. Just an idea, the previous had a "stop" for the followed-pretty obvious how to stop following, maybe put the "stop" at the top so people will understand to check boxes?
dandelion

1 edit

dandelion to BlitzenZeus

MVM

to BlitzenZeus
Very VERY nice!!!! Thanks Justin!
(or maybe that stop was there and didn't see previously? but like it!)

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium Member
join:2000-05-14
Hedgesville, WV

DataDoc to BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

to BlitzenZeus
But you still have to click every single one, how about a select all button as well?

Florida Dan
Premium Member
join:2001-07-06
Boynton Beach, FL

Florida Dan

Premium Member

said by DataDoc:

But you still have to click every single one, how about a select all button as well?
I second that suggestion.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

Pacrat to BlitzenZeus

MVM

to BlitzenZeus
Exactly the same options as IM housekeeping would be nice... and consistent!

DataDoc
Premium Member
Hedgesville, WV
·StarLink
·HughesNet

DataDoc

Premium Member

said by Pacrat:

Exactly the same options as IM housekeeping would be nice... and consistent!
Exactly! I just cleared out 11 pages, almost all of which were system notifications of replies to a post. And most of those were because of misuse of replying to me, rather than the topic.

I have over thirty pages of followed topics, going back to 2004. I'm sure that is tiny compared to many members. It's a real pain to click over and over to clean it up. That's probably why no one does.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

Mele20

Premium Member

Why do you want to clean them out? I have 3700 followed topics (23 pages). They go back to 2001 (just a few from 2001 and 2002). It is my history here. Why would I want to clean that out? I use it a lot to find stuff. I rarely stop following a thread I have posted in.

DataDoc
Premium Member
Hedgesville, WV

DataDoc

Premium Member

I clean them out because they're all old news. Five year old information is worthless to me. Things change and I want to keep up.

Even my own opinions may change in 5 years.