whocares0
Premium
join:2003-07-26

1 edit

SBC/ATT telephone Options Question;CALL NOTES

Click for full size
hello all,HOPE SOMEONE from SBC or AT&T, can help with the right answer,
have been trying to get an answer all day,no luck so far
Situation,just had phone @ changed (1st time in 10 yrs)
have every option, SWB Easy Otions, caller ID, call trace,call back, ect ect, ok
NEW # went into effect early this morning, then mid morning call notes was switched over,from SWB to SBC, to now AT*T on the phone,(pictured above ,purchased in 7-2000-ok?

PROBLEM, [b]befor switch over
- when useing phone,it would show CALL NOTES on left side last button down,

after swich over,no longer shows my call notes link,
the ONLY WAY i know I have a message is on the top right of the phone is a red light that blinks, or when the phone is activated you can hear a brocken dialtone at the beginning,

was told, & did unplug phone from phoneline,& unplug electric connection for an hour,
DID THAT & took backup battery out,until call notes resets itself,

also NOW some of my phone options are shown on the screen, when anyone picks up the phone or wants to use it-
showed called notes for 4-5 yrs,

have reset/reloaded phone twice,
thanks for the help, "jazzy'
--
the difference between TRUE friends & make believe friends,is when your feeling down or bad TRUE FRIENDS will be there beside you & try to make you feel better,
make believe friends will suddenly vanish

Heterman
Premium
join:2004-02-28
Fayetteville, AR
That picture is really bad Jazzy. Is there any way you can upload a better picture so we can see what is going on? Try changing the screenshot tool to capture an image in another picture format if you can.

whocares0
Premium

2 edits
that pict was to give 'someone' the type of telephone in use, not to show any phone #'s or id's maybe someone is useing or a tech has seen knows this type of phone.

sure its not the phone, not after it has worked for last 3-5 yrs showing call note, [b]am thinking that maybe SBC/ATT maybe didn't load EVERYTHING when doing the switch over.at approx the 5th button down on left side phone USE TO show call notes.

[b]calling again later today, "jazzy"
--
the difference between TRUE friends & make believe friends,is when your feeling down or bad TRUE FRIENDS will be there beside you & try to make you feel better,

whocares0
Premium

2 edits
as of this morning now being told 4th time
(round & round)

1,you have to wait up to 48 hours for easyoptions to reconize call notes, that'll put caller off/keep caller from calling for 2 days,
2, it's a telphone problem with the phone ,i can give you the manufaturers 800 #,(i have it)

sure wish people would learn ITS NO CRIME to say i don't know,or let me ask a supervisor or a technical person
--

ff1324
Everybody Goes Home
Premium
join:2002-08-24
On Four Day
said by whocares0:

as of this morning now being told 4th time
(round & round)

1,you have to wait up to 48 hours for easyoptions to reconize call notes
jazzy, you said the new number went into effect this (Wednesday) morning. I would give it until Friday morning. I doubt they just pull this stuff out of thin air. It would seem to me its kind of like the 10 day ramp up for new DSL accounts. The copper is all the same, but the provisioning is different.
--
The funny thing about firemen...night and day they're always firemen

Bob20069

@sbcglobal.net
After I got DSL my callnotes has been messed up too. Sometimes the lite or the message symbol will stay on all the time, does not matter if I have a message or not. Other times the lite or the message symbol will never come on. The only way to tell if I have a message is to pick up the phone and listen for the quick beeps. I called SBC/ATT and they did not know what the problem was.

whocares0
Premium

2 edits

Re: SBC/ATT GUESS STILL SWITCHING OVER

Click for full size
ran my SWBELL/SBC support tool & boom MAJOR UPDATES-changes,after switch from swbell to SBC,how long has that been since sbc took over all?

now today AT&T make a major change, anyone else notice this?yet

& callnotes is still a no show by easy options,or onot on the phone,
--

oh hi BOB no on my phone it shows NEW MESSAGES ,& the top (look at orignal pict)RIGHT HAND CORNER that flash's red on/off when new call or message comes into call notes.
The only way to tell if I have a message is to pick up the phone and listen for the [b]broken dial tone for me[b]

I called SBC/ATT and they did not know what the problem was.
yes they keep insisting its the phone, (yea right after 5-7 yrs )its been working ok,with call notes befor the switch to new #