spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

finchy

@rogers.com

SB5100 and customer serial number

How does one go about getting the customer serial number of a motorola 5100 if there is no sticker at the bottom of the modem.
I know you can get the other serial number and the mac addressess by going to the diagnostic screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

jackr4

join:2004-03-10
Barrie, ON
»192.168.100.1/startup.html

Copy, paste into address bar...

finchy

@rogers.com
reply to finchy
Thanks, that's how I managed to get the Mac addresses and the S/N.

But I can't find anywhere in there where the "Customer S/N" is listed...

finchy

@rogers.com
reply to finchy
What Serial number does Rogers ask for when activating a modem that is not purchased from them?
Is it the customer serial number or the Serial number of the modem?
Any other information they ask about the modem?

alanjm6

join:2006-01-30
Torbay, NL
reply to finchy
they ask for the customer s/n, but if you give them the mac add they may be able to locate the customer s/n themselves

finchy

@rogers.com
Crap, I don't have the customer s/n...

I picked up this modem from the US so it's not in the Rogers Database...so I'm not sure if they can find it from the MAC. Unless the customer S/N can be calculated from a combination of the mac address and the 24 digit s/n.

Seems odd to me that you can get the Mac addresses and 24 digit s/n from 192.168.100.1 but not the customer s/n.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
I have no idea what the customer serial number is, unless they are referring to your account number or the SALES number when you bought the modem from Rogers (which you didn't do!)

There are two numbers only on my modem ... serial number and MAC. Both of which were used to find the modem in the database.

Now, finchy, you have a different issue ... Since the modem was purchased in the States, you have to convince Rogers to register the modem. They only have registered in their database the ones that they have in stock for sale/rent and additional ones they've registered since.

finchy

@rogers.com
Thanks sbrooks.
The current rental modem that I have has a 12 digit Customer S/N on the sticket along with a 24 digit S/N with the Mac addresses for both USB and Ethernet.

Now If I was to convince Rogers to add my US modem to their list would they ask me for the 12-digit Customer S/N or the 24 Digit S/N?

Also the S/N that you have on your modem, is it 12-digits or 24 Digits and does it match your 192.168.100.1 S/N?

Thanks,

puzz1ed

join:2005-02-20
Markham, ON
reply to finchy
Customer S/N is on the box but I'm guessing you don't have that.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
My modem is a Toshiba with their own ser# and mac ... it's neither 12 nor 24 digits!

No such thing as a Customer S/N on mine. They want just the unit s/n ... I suspect the cust ser number is something that's added after registration in their database.

mclearn

join:2004-02-07
Toronto, ON
reply to finchy
Customer serial number seems to only be on the Motorola SurfBoards. I just bought a 5120 from the States and it had the customer serial number pasted on it, along with the MAC and full serial number.

mordin
42 inches of 1080p
Premium
join:2005-05-28
Moncton, NB
reply to finchy
On the box for my SB5100, from Rogers, is a Motorola label that has the model #, a PN #, customer S/N, the actual S/N and the HFC MAC ID.

Rogers1

join:2004-10-14
Canada
same with both of my SB5100's

singlepost

@rogers.com
reply to finchy
only need hfc mac and cust sn for an sb51xx modem to register