how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nfixit2004
Premium
join:2004-01-06
Brooklyn, NY

All you can eat Lobster buffet in or around NYC?

Hello to all Iam looking for an all you can eat Lobster restaurant in or around NYC for the past few years I have been traveling(with the family), all the way to Rode Island to »www.nordiclodge.com/. Which is a great place! but sometimes the drive back home is hard with a full stomach also they are raising their prices every year, makes you try to eat more and more just to get your moneys worth

Thanks in advance

PCInTech
keeping art alive since 1953
Premium
join:2004-06-07
Massena, NY
kudos:9

Try New Hampshire or Maine. Seafood Festival in Hampton Beach, NH is coming up in a couple of weeks, and you can eat until you YAK on the best food you've ever had in your life!

nfixit2004
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to nfixit2004

wow, no one? I guess thats not a regular out here, I know I never ran into one before but I thought some where out here would have one(a good one ofcorse), someone told me there was one on Long Island but I never found out where exactly

Quint
I Need A Bigger Boat

join:2003-03-04

said by nfixit2004:

wow, no one? I guess thats not a regular out here, I know I never ran into one before but I thought some where out here would have one(a good one ofcorse), someone told me there was one on Long Island but I never found out where exactly
The only reason that it "wouldn't be regular out here" is probably because gimmick restaurants tend to be far flung and in areas on or near tourist trails where palates aren't too discriminating - they're just looking for mass quantities of mediocre food.

If some entrepreneur in the NYC area could come up with a stable supply of lobster, shrimp and meat (hopefully not diseased or that "fell-off-the-back-of-a-truck"; but in a pinch...who knows?) to maintain a profit at $65/70 a head in a restaurant market noted for its cutthroat competition, there certainly would be at least one.
--
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt!

Nick
Purveyor of common sense
Premium,VIP,MVM
join:2000-10-29
Smithtown, NY
reply to nfixit2004

»eastbuffet.com/home.nxg

East Buffet is all you can eat and they have lobster. However, it's not on the menu all the time, and as you can imagine it disappears before they put it down into the tray holder. On the bright side, the food there is very good and they have a great variety.
--
Stupidity, like hydrogen, is one of the basic building blocks of the Universe.

Gallery * Life * Work

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3
reply to nfixit2004

I would think that lobster is just too expensive to offer around here as an "all you can eat" option. Restaurants would end up losing money on that deal.

They can do it in New England as there is hardly any shipping costs involved.

Having said that, it sounds delicious!!
--
~~Well, I think your crazy, I think your crazy, I think your crazy, just like me...~~

nfixit2004
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to nfixit2004

Thanks for all your replys!

I guess you all are right, it is alot easier to get lobster in NE, and its not cheap!
damm I guess I would be taking that trip after all, they also have all kinds of other great foods! all flavors of Hagen Daz
ice cream also, Iam getting hungry

thanks for the link also psychephylax

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3

said by nfixit2004:

Thanks for all your replys!

I guess you all are right, it is alot easier to get lobster in NE, and its not cheap!
damm I guess I would be taking that trip after all, they also have all kinds of other great foods! all flavors of Hagen Daz
ice cream also, Iam getting hungry

thanks for the link also psychephylax
If you get some, don't forget to bring back our doggie bag.
--
~~Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me...~~