share rss forum feed

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to moonpuppy

Re: SSL

A passport is better than a driver's license, SS or birth cirt? No they aren't. Who told you that garbage? PLESAE tell me where on the form is says "passport desired"... all forms of ID are just as acceptable as the next.

10 million? What's the total population of the country? now figure out the percentage.

No.. a passport is not a nation ID card. And SOME members of congress want debate because they want more control over the people of the states.
--
"Wipe out the national deficit over night... Tax the stupid!" - about 50 gMail invites available. PM if you'd like one.

moonpuppy

join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD

said by fiberguy:

A passport is better than a driver's license, SS or birth cirt? No they aren't. Who told you that garbage? PLESAE tell me where on the form is says "passport desired"... all forms of ID are just as acceptable as the next.
Look at an I-9 form. A passport does the job of a driver's license and birth certificate when determining eligibility to work in this country. Just because you have a driver's license, doesn't mean you can work in this country.

»www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/···/i-9.htm

said by fiberguy:

10 million? What's the total population of the country? now figure out the percentage.
Because this country puts so much stake in the state ID's, most people, including you, don't see a need for a passport. Beginning 1/1/2008, you need a passport to go to Mexico or Canada (right next door.)

said by fiberguy:

No.. a passport is not a nation ID card. And SOME members of congress want debate because they want more control over the people of the states.
I can show it to a police officer and he has all the information he needs to run a check on me. My Maryland license doesn't even have my SS# on it. All he needs is my name and date of birth and he can find my DL number if he needs it.

The ONLY 2 things a driver's license does over a passport (within the country) is allow you to drive and establish an address. The latter is not even that reliable in many cases.

A system is already in place, time to use it.