uniqs
stevephl
join:2000-11-27
Colorado Springs, CO

1 recommendation

stevephl to Transmaster

to Transmaster

Re: I will say it again

What is not needed is another government program, another tax on other people to support a few. The free market/economics will solve the problem. These people can still go online that is the bottom line.

Steve in Colorado

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus
join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY

2 edits

Transmaster

said by stevephl:

What is not needed is another government program, another tax on other people to support a few. The free market/economics will solve the problem. These people can still go online that is the bottom line.

Steve in Colorado
Yes they can go online with, if they are lucky, a 24k connection on a internet that now designed to run on much higher speeds. It is a choice people have to make for now. As for market forces fixing the problem, yes it might in about 20+ years. It is going to take seed money like the recent posting about the very small town of 458 in population getting a grant to install fiber. In the meantime the big boys are clustering around the big city's like flies gathering on fresh cow poop. In Wyoming We know all about bull shi'a the big Telco's have been trying to feed it to us for years. What is needed is a modern version of the barbwire network, let's see barbed fiber yes that should do it . back in the 1890's there where phone systems that ran on barbwire fences.

I personally have loaded up miles long sections of barbwire along highways here with my HF rigs. Running 160 meters on 8 to 10 miles of unbroken fencing along a highway makes for a very interesting night of RF rag-chewing.