Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nawhead

join:2003-08-29
Duluth, GA

2 edits

Some "buying" questions

Hopefully, current ATNEX customers can provide some unbiased answers to these questions.

Is it true the contract is for 6 months?
How reliable are the DNS servers?
How reliable are the SMTP and POP servers?
How are the pings for you online gamers?
Is there web-mail access?
Is the "free" DSL modem actually free or a rebate deal?
What kind of DSL modem do I get?

Thanks.

phaqu

join:2005-05-26
Marietta, GA

in order.........
yes
very, no problem yet
dont use them, sorry
fine, but it depends on where the server is located
I believe so
free as a bird, there is an installation fee though
I got a Speed Steam

nawhead

Duluth, GA

1 edit

Great. I'm liking what I hear. Gonna wait for a response for the SMTP and POP servers though before making the final decision. I've had the displeasure of having email foul-ups with bad SMTP and POP servers before. Makes life a real nuisance.

Where is the webmail access page?

phaqu

Marietta, GA

On their website.

nawhead

Duluth, GA

2 edits

Oh, the big WEB MAIL button at the top of their front page (as well as every other page) that's a different color than all the other buttons.

nawhead

Duluth, GA

1 edit
reply to nawhead

Why is this forum so dead? How many subscribers does ATNEX have? They have 20 ISP reviews on this site, with not a single bad review. They advertise on their home page that they're the highest rated regional ISP in the country. Geeks all over metro Atlanta should be flocking to this ISP I would think.

phaqu

Marietta, GA
reply to nawhead

Well, consider this,....most of the other forums are full of people BITCHING about their SHITTY service. IE; my connection sucks, my bill is fucked up, the techs are stupid.......all shit Ive read on other ISP forums.What are people here going to say. "Uh,....My shit works fine,...Uh,......thats it." (know what I mean?) When the service works flawlessly, you really have no reason to post a question here. And if you did have a problem, or any questions at all, the techs at ATNEX are usually way on top of it.
Sorry you think it makes for such a boring forum, but Ill take a dead forum over shitty service any day of the week.

nawhead

Duluth, GA

2 edits

I guess there's nothing else more to say then. I'm signing up right now. And I intend to add more discussions about ATNEX service on this forum in the future, mostly because I think the number of topics here is anemic.