join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn

MVM

6412 E609 Problem

I am assuming this means my box is dead...

Started a day or two ago. It just froze up. called support, I asked them not to send a hit but they did anyway. Didn't matter- it never arrived. So, I unplugged and replugged. That fixed it...until this evening...when...

It just started going wacky. It would act like it was getting a hit (power off, 8888 on display, followed by 1200, followed by the correct time and then it would start to work. This would last a minute or two, and it would start all over again. Called support. Had no idea what was wrong, suggested unplugging box for a while. Tried that, now I get the E609 problem described on other forums. Display has some codes like EF, EP, FR1, FR2, HUNT, dl with a spinning cursor, then it keeps recycling through the same thing.

So is this thing dead, or is there some magic incantation to save it?

imrf
Premium Member
join:2002-06-06
Utica, MI

imrf

Premium Member

The box is dead. It needs to be swapped out for a new one.
TheDarkAbyss
join:2005-04-28
Pittsburgh, PA

TheDarkAbyss to owlyn

to owlyn
pull the cable line, let it start up, screw the line back in
eb09 is a validation error, which means the download was corrupted in one way or another, you may have a bad connection on that line.

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA

owlyn

MVM

Tried that before posting. Even moved the box to a different location in the house. Same deal...
owlyn

owlyn

MVM

Oaky, swapped out the box today. First box was another 6412 PII, which would not recognize itself as a DVR. It thought it was just a plain DCT something. Went to another Comcast office in hope that they had different inventory to swap that box. Good news- I was given a 3416. Works fine, so far. At first the fan made a racket, but it settled down after a few mi nutes and I haven't heard it since. Only other problem is very minor- the menu screen flickers (kind of like it's not refreshing at 60hz, and most people would never see it, I'm sure), and there is a very minor distorion in the channel listing vertical line. I suspect both are due to the same problem. NBD though.