Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

reub2000
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Evanston, IL

140.000 jobs?

Just think about how many people the ISPs, and makers of MP3 players employ, and a few jobs lost to piracy isn't that bad.
--
My pbase gallery

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium
join:2003-04-03
Long Beach, CA
kudos:1

Re: 140.000 jobs?

Has anyone ever heard any news of anyone in the industry losing their job because of piracy? or is this just diarrhea of the mouth by the industry?
--
I have an imaginary friend, and his name is God.

rachelsfx

join:2004-09-27
Pensacola, FL

Yes, movie jobs that used to be in the USA are increasingly being exported to countries where it is cheaper to make them to combat costs (piracy included).

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium
Long Beach, CA

But where's the proof that piracy is the cause of them going overseas? The industry is doing what everyother corp. is doing, looking for ways to cut costs and line the pockets of the investors. I seriously doubt the film industry is going overseas because of piracy.
--

kamm

join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit
said by rachelsfx:

Yes, movie jobs that used to be in the USA are increasingly being exported to countries where it is cheaper to make them to combat costs (piracy included).
Another evidence: it shows what kind of BS is this fake study.... The only reason they move overseas is because it's MUCH CHEAPER TO SHOOT THERE but they can still cook the books here.

The whole movie/music industry is one of the most disgusting fuckin' industries, led by totally corrupt clean-cut white-collar criminals. They are cooking books ever since the first studios were founded - nobody from outside can see through their stuff, that's the genius in this system.

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium
Long Beach, CA

said by kamm:

said by rachelsfx:

The whole movie/music industry is one of the most disgusting fuckin' industries, led by totally corrupt clean-cut white-collar criminals. They are cooking books ever since the first studios were founded - nobody from outside can see through their stuff, that's the genius in this system.
Hey, that sounds like our politicians too
--

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3
said by rachelsfx:

...or it's going there to make profit margins larger. Funny how lingo works, eh?

Please quit crying a river over the "sacrifices" the movie industry has to make. Honestly, if piracy were to drop dead the next day, the MPAA would still be shipping these projects overseas to milk their canned crap for every dime its worth.

guitarzan
Premium
join:2004-05-04
Skytop, PA
said by rachelsfx:

Nah, more like greed than any other reason
--
Bass....the glue of rhythm and harmony...the heartbeat of the band.! Shaking the earth with deep,sonorous vibrations.The dark ominous thunder of an approching storm.

guitarzan
Premium
join:2004-05-04
Skytop, PA
said by hopeflicker:

is this just diarrhea of the mouth by the industry?
Yes its that, and modern technology has also given' them a bad case of the turkey squirts
--
Bass....the glue of rhythm and harmony...the heartbeat of the band.! Shaking the earth with deep,sonorous vibrations.The dark ominous thunder of an approching storm.