FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to qdemn7

Unions still strong in Hollywood

»findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m···92808160

Roughly 70 percent of the estimated 800,000 entertainment workers in Los Angeles County--a catchall category that includes everyone from actors and professional dancers to prop handlers and electricians--are members of trade unions, according to AFL-CIO's Center for Regional Employment Strategies.

--
--
Join Red Room Forum
BLOG tkjunkmail.blogspot.com
My Web Page

kamm

join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

said by FFH:

»findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m···92808160
Roughly 70 percent of the estimated 800,000 entertainment workers in Los Angeles County--a catchall category that includes everyone from actors and professional dancers to prop handlers and electricians--are members of trade unions, according to AFL-CIO's Center for Regional Employment Strategies.
ROFLMAO - do you even read your own links? there you go, you have just said it:

estimated 800,000 entertainment workers in Los Angeles County--a catchall category that includes everyone from actors and professional dancers to prop handlers and electricians--
A shining example of the "creative arts" of bookeeping, accounting....

"Lies, damn lies and statistics."

wifi4milez
Big Russ, 1918 to 2008. Rest in Peace

join:2004-08-07
New York, NY

1 recommendation

said by kamm:

I would say that 70% counts as most people. Not really sure what figures you are going by.......
--
!

kamm

join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

said by wifi4milez:

said by kamm:

I would say that 70% counts as most people. Not really sure what figures you are going by.......
Ummm for example "entertainment workers" which counts everybody within 150 miles radius of studio?

wev567

join:2006-02-25
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to FFH

Members of many of these unions work maybe a half a dozen days a year. The majority of SAG mambers can barely afford to pay for the discounted health care plans it offers. Entertainment unions are like the steelworkers.