uniqs
share rss forum feed

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw

woah woah woah

People didn't pay tax on the blank dvd's they subtituted for store bought dvd's. They also didn't pay taxes on the dvd burners and computers they had to buy to copy them? How about on the internet connection they downloaded the movies off? Or the modchip they slammed in their xbox?

Btw not every pirate movie is a lost sale either. For the price of a 20 dollar dvd.. you could buy 50-100 blank dvd's. So if you burned 75 dvd's, it doesn't mean you had 1500 to spend on the original copies.. lol!

If those jobs are being lost in dvd manufacturing they're easily absorbed somewhere else.. It just means the money is flowing to other sectors.. whatever the consumer spends their money on is still taxed.

Fountainhead
Premium
join:2003-10-25
New York, NY
kudos:1

Wah wah wah..

The actors get paid too much, the executives are all rich fat cats, the movies all suck, it's nothing but sequels..

Wah wah wah..

Get a video camera, you and your sister can make all the homemade movies you want, you can burn them onto dvd's, and the family can enjoy them all you want.

Thats legal.

Stealing off the internet... that's illegal.

Can't understand why? Don't agree with it?

Then you are a spoiled brat and your parents raised you with a false sense of entitlement.

Oh... and you aren't special.. No matter what your Mom told you.
--
It's all part of my rock and roll fantasy

bmn
? ? ?
Premium,ExMod 2003-06
join:2001-03-15
hiatus

1 recommendation

said by Fountainhead:

Oh... and you aren't special.. No matter what your Mom told you.
Is anyone ?!
--
Ann Coulter doesn't know jack about science...
"Extremes to the right and left of any political dispute are always wrong." —Dwight Eisenhower

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to Fountainhead

Stealing off the internet is illegal the US, not everywhere else. Don't have the same copyright laws in Canada.

Btw I also have a pretty big original dvd collection, however i am fiscally constrained, so I do have backed up moves as well. Its not like they are a lost sale to the movie company, I wouldn't off been able to afford them anyways. They still make money off me.

I'd feel more sorry for the movie companies if they weren't making billions of dollars. I'm also sorry that you've been brainwashed by the American corporate machine.

Kylemaul
Lovin' My Firefox
Premium
join:2001-03-30
Buffalo, NY
reply to Fountainhead

How much did you have to pay the owners of the Beavis & Butthead shows to use their character in your avatar?