Premium Member
join:2004-05-16
Staten Island, NY

1 edit

thender2

Premium Member

Say I download season 5 of 24.

They can't prove I didn't still buy it.

Secondly, these numbers are bullcrap. The way they come up with them is they look for any department that has lost sales in the last year, and immediately blame it on "piracy".

Check »www.boycott-riaa.com for some details on their budget spinning.

I don't feel bad if they are losing money. That's what happens when you refuse to get with the times. Suing your primary consumer base also makes for bad PR.

insomniac84
join:2002-01-03
Schererville, IN

insomniac84

I'm sure they will come up with a way to digitally mark every copy with a serial number, that the removal of or copy of violates the dmca. So if you did download something you already owned, you still must go to jail.

thender2
Glamour Profession
Premium Member
join:2004-05-16
Staten Island, NY

thender2

Premium Member

said by insomniac84:

I'm sure they will come up with a way to digitally mark every copy with a serial number, that the removal of or copy of violates the dmca. So if you did download something you already owned, you still must go to jail.
I'm not talking about downloading what you already own - I only do this if I'm too lazy to get up and rip the CD. I've done this with Dream Theater's Train of Thought a lot of times.

I use that example because, had I not began downloading music, my music "collection" would still consist of the one and only CD Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP. If the RIAA had their way with the internet, it'd still be that way.