jubangy
Premium Member
join:2005-03-26
Corry, PA

jubangy to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20

Re: which cable modem is best for Road Runner

Is it possible to buy another modem, add it to my home account and then use it somewhere else that has the same cable company? Like taking my modem from home and using it at a friends house when I go seeign as how they both have time warner cable?

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Katy, TX

MysticGogeta

Premium Member

You cant buy another modem and have 2 modems for one account, theres been claims that you can take your cable modem to a friends house in the same city that they have been able to get internet from there but I wouldent really get excited about it.

SOLdesign
Did I drink a shot of Irrational Whore?
Premium Member
join:2002-07-29
Woodland Hills, CA

SOLdesign

Premium Member

We have two modems. Its possible, but only because we have two buildings on one property.

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium Member
Katy, TX

MysticGogeta

Premium Member

yes im saying you cant have 2 cable modems on one residential account.

SOLdesign
Premium Member
Woodland Hills, CA

1 edit

SOLdesign

Premium Member

ok, read this carefully cuz I am not gonna say it again - we have two modems on one residential account.

There are two houses on the property and they wont let us have two accounts.

Yes it is possible to have two modems, but very unlikely unless you force them into the decision.

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium Member
Katy, TX

MysticGogeta

Premium Member

What im sateing is you CANT go out to a store buy a cable modem go to a friends house and plug it in and expect it to work.

SOLdesign
Premium Member
Woodland Hills, CA

SOLdesign

Premium Member

Actually you stated several different things, one of which was there can only be one modem per account. I made it clear it is possible to have two.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium Member
Katy, TX

MysticGogeta

Premium Member

I did not know you could but still you cant go out unless you work something out with Time Warner you can plug some modem you bought from the store and expect it to work.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia

Premium Member

said by MysticGogeta:

I did not know you could but still you cant go out unless you work something out with Time Warner you can plug some modem you bought from the store and expect it to work.
Well you just check their compatibility list on the local site, buy a modem in that list, then call. I had a Linksys that was crap so instead of buying another, I had RR rent me a modem and good thing-I've gone through 3 all replaced free. But all they need is your Mac address for a bought modem, which is easy to find.