Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

boogerman69

join:2006-09-28
Newport, MI
reply to mazilo

Re: Linksys pap2

Maz,
I agree, we are not arguing, I think we are not necessarily speaking the same language on some of this..(i.e., reboot, reset, ect)
The 3 key items are this:
1. Don't do a factory reset 73738# or kiss it goodbye.
2. Never leave provision enabled without your own TFTP server.
3. Change default Admin access once able to reconfigure.

Other than those three, the unit is safe to reconfigure. I still don't see how the unit is unsafe when facing the internet.
How's that sound?

BM

mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA
kudos:4
said by boogerman69:

Maz,
I agree, we are not arguing, I think we are not necessarily speaking the same language on some of this..(i.e., reboot, reset, ect)
The 3 key items are this:
1. Don't do a factory reset 73738# or kiss it goodbye.
2. Never leave provision enabled without your own TFTP server.
3. Change default Admin access once able to reconfigure.

Other than those three, the unit is safe to reconfigure. I still don't see how the unit is unsafe when facing the internet.
AFAIK and for the time being, what you said above are correct, but may no longer be true (if you know what I mean -- see my previous post).

Anyway, we have discussed something way off-track.
--
Mazi (UK Non-Geo Phone: +44-703-194-2574)

boogerman69

join:2006-09-28
Newport, MI
LOL! your right.. This is why I stick to the unlocked units!
Although I do like the RTP300 very much..

mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA
kudos:4
Boogerman,

I re-read your posts and noticed something about what you said regarding the reset and did some thinking as well as consulting with some friends. Up to certain degrees, you are right that a soft reset can be considered as a reboot. For instance, if you look at some of the machine (assembly) codes, i.e. reset (RST), it is used to clear (initialize/reset) the accumulator(s) and/or register(s) of a CPU and jump to certain memory location to prepare for a soft reboot. In this sense, you are right and I apologize for the misunderstanding here.
--
Mazi (UK Non-Geo Phone: +44-703-194-2574)

jonybd

join:2005-07-10
reply to boogerman69
So, after waiting long period of time, we came to final that linksys pap2 is not designed for multiroute.

- it is excellent device but not for prorfessional uses, its designed for residential servies only.

- In call shop or call center, we can use this device for prepaid service , or we cant force update the linksys, until we power cycle it.

Note: only for this feature linksys pap2 couldnt able to make "Telco product: MAXS or IMIX dialer"