Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
650 Centerton Road
Moorestown, NJ 08057 U.S.A.
Phone: (856) 317-7272
Fax: (856) 317-7319
E-mail: dmca@comcast.net

For more information regarding Comcast's copyright infringement policy,
procedures, and contact information, please read our Acceptable Use Policy by
clicking on the Terms of Service link at »www.comcast.net.

Sincerely,
Comcast Legal Response Center

Copyright work(s) identified in the notification of claimed infringement:

Notice ID:

Asset:
Protocol: BitTorrent
IP Address:
DNS:
File Name:
File Size: 728881913
Timestamp:
Last Seen Date:
URL:
Username (if available):

so what is this saying? they are debating on whether to terminate my account?

xmrocks
Premium Member
join:2003-09-23
Wherever

xmrocks

Premium Member

If it's your first warning, follow the directions in the e-mail (if it asks to prove you've stopped using filesharing and deleted the offending file) and it's just a slap on the wrist.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 recommendation

NormanS to Dead_Zone23

MVM

to Dead_Zone23
It is saying that Comcast received a complaint from an agent of a copyright holder that somebody at the IP address listed in the notice was uploading their works without their permission.

Comcast is forwarding the complaint to you for you to act on it. Mostly, it just means, "stop doing that".

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er to Dead_Zone23

to Dead_Zone23
what program/movie may I ask?

Obliteration
Premium Member
join:2005-09-18
Somewhere

2 edits

Obliteration to Dead_Zone23

Premium Member

to Dead_Zone23
Do you know if Elite proxies conceal your true IP and location from P2P? If so you might want to run your downloads through those instead of just normal traffic. Encrypting your data might also help.

Meh... somethings to consider. I'm not an expert in P2P and how they transmit information such as a torrent. I just download anime sometimes which usually isn't being chased by anyone so I haven't gotten any letters. Movies I watch rarely in real life so I don't download any of them. Music I download 1 song maybe a year so I've never gotten a letter but look into those 2 things to protect your identity from the RIAA and MPAA.

Here I found this also:

»sourceforge.net/projects ··· onym-os/

What is does:
kaos.theory’s Anonym.OS LiveCD is a bootable live cd based on OpenBSD that provides a hardened operating environment whereby all ingress traffic is denied and all egress traffic is automatically and transparently encrypted and/or anonymized.

I had it up with the RIAA and MPAA so if I find more stuff for you I will let you know.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to Dead_Zone23

Premium Member

to Dead_Zone23
Do not respond to this one. It is also an admission that you have done it.

Simply take it as a warning and stop doing what ever you are doing. If you have NOT done anything, and you have an unsecured WiFi, then you are a poster child for why you should secure them.

However, do NOT loose this warning. Keep it for your recrods. When someone calls you to the table, you need to keep a record of it no matter what.

Again, IF you are doing anything, and you should know if you are - stop it. Repeats will get your account yanked or worse.
juniorx
join:2006-02-05
St John'S, NL

juniorx

I used encryption and proxies and i still got a letter like that. In Canada our copyright laws are different but it still never stopped them from sending me that email.

Bit torrent is tricky cause they catch you on the upload. Even thou i wasnt seeding the file, bit torrent forces upload and therefore i was technically "sharing" the file

Dead_Zone23
@comcast.net

Dead_Zone23

Anon

yeah its a crime i d/l stuff but who has cable that doesnt? im not paying 70$ a month for nothing lol

i may run through a proxy

dervari2
join:2000-01-17
Atlanta, GA

dervari2 to Dead_Zone23

to Dead_Zone23
According to the letter, he was hosting the offending file. From what I've heard, they copyright police go mostly for people who are hosting the files. The reason you see people getting in trouble for supposedly downloading is that when you download something over P2P, the programs usually automatically make it available for others to download.

sortofadrunk
join:2005-11-27
Saint Paul, MN

2 edits

sortofadrunk to Dead_Zone23

to Dead_Zone23
people really still use bt? i think that is only comcast's response to you, you may still get a little summons to appear when the agency that contacted comcast follows up.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by sortofadrunk:

people really still use bt?
I do. All of the time. I just make sure that I don't download stuff that belongs to RIAA/MPAA members; because BT uploads as it downloads. RIAA/MPAA is very aggressive about protecting their copyrights. You don't want to be an unauthorized publisher of their works.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to Dead_Zone23

Premium Member

to Dead_Zone23
said by Dead_Zone23 :

yeah its a crime i d/l stuff but who has cable that doesnt? im not paying 70$ a month for nothing lol
Who doesn't? MOST people don't... If you do it.. that's your choice - more power to you. But, don't come here and explain to people how to steal on the internet.. it's against the TOS for one. And two, if you're going to steal, well, have you ever heard of a dump crook? You'd qualify. Thiefs don't boast about it in a public setting. Maybe on hacker boards, but DSLR/BBR is not a hacker board.

Hope your account gets pulled.