someone push the button LOL Its 11/1

odog
Cable Centric Vendor Biased
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
kudos:17
reply to Jeff G
most of the changes happen ~8am and trickle thru the day.

Jeff G

join:2001-07-31
Dayville, CT
hahahah Sorry Odog more then likley you can't tell I am a little excited hahahahahah

Jeff G

Dayville, CT
OK half way there I see the channel numbers. Now when do I get to wtach the channel?

GHodge

join:2002-02-27
Jewett City, CT
reply to Jeff G
Must be having some difficulties...it's 7:15pm and nothing yet.

goddan

join:2001-01-15
Quaker Hill, CT
reply to Jeff G
Comedy Central - check
HDnet - missing in action

Jeff G

Dayville, CT
goddan are you getting any of the HD cnannels mine are showing in the line up but all I get is channle avail shortly.

goddan

Quaker Hill, CT
Yeah, I'm also getting that on all five of the new HD channels. From some of odog's prior posts, it sounds like new HD channels take a bit of tweaking to bring on line. So in the meantime, I guess I'll just watch Jon Stewart.

odog
Premium,VIP
Atlanta, GA

1 edit
reply to Jeff G
who likes.... 16 hour days?

I don't, and we're still not online.

Jeff G

Dayville, CT
reply to Jeff G
Owen if I may speak for all of us, or at least my self being maybe border line obnoxious we truly appreciate both your personal effort and the entire team at Metro!!!!!

GHodge

join:2002-02-27
Jewett City, CT
reply to Jeff G
Hopefully today will be the day.

Silly me...I thought all they were going to do was flip a switch and Voila!!

ultatryon

join:2002-04-10
Waterford, CT
reply to Jeff G
HD channels are up and running.. as of right now the guide data still is not in place, and the new HBO and Cinemax channels are not up... but at least we got our HD!

goddan

Quaker Hill, CT
To ultatryon and odog,

Thank you! It sounds like you've put in some long hours on this, and I just wanted to let you know it's appreciated.

Jeff G

Dayville, CT
reply to Jeff G
I will second the sincere thanks you guys must have ran into some serious BS with all this extra effort!!!!

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium
join:2000-11-28
New London, CT
reply to Jeff G
Thanks for all your hard works guys, it is much appreciated!

I'm OTR in VA right now, so I can't enjoy the fruits of your labor, but it'll be nice when I do get home to have more HD goodness.

r1pet

@myeastern.com
reply to ultatryon
I'm not getting my new HD channels and it's neary Midnight. All I'm getting is the message that they will be available shortly.

odog
Premium,VIP
Atlanta, GA
They were working when I got home from NH last night at 11:)

rpetroski

@citizensbank.com
I tried this a.m. at 6:00 and the new HD channels still don't work. Still getting a message that says to wait one moment. Sucks because I was hoping to watch them this weekend.

Jeff G

Dayville, CT
reply to Jeff G
All good in Dayville and quick glance showed guide data this AM as well.

ultatryon

Waterford, CT
reply to nelamvr6
Was it you, nel, who goes away every time we make some major change?

rkpetros

join:2003-06-03
Plainfield, CT
reply to Jeff G
All of you are lucky.....I just got home from work and tried to get to the new HD channels again. STILL no new channels. I just tried contacting Customer Service for the 10th time today. This time and every time that I've called today I've been on hold forever, and finally gave up. All I want is some answers as to why I'm not getting what I am paying for. I'm not at all happy since Metrocast took over; the customer service has went downhil. I've had problems with my Internet service also since they've "upgraded" it. I'm seriously thinking of going back to satellite.

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium
join:2000-11-28
New London, CT

1 edit
reply to ultatryon
said by ultatryon:

Was it you, nel, who goes away every time we make some major change?
Yeah, but it's not on purpose, you guys don't give me your upgrade schedule in advance.

So odog, you get those guys in NH straightened out?

ultatryon

Waterford, CT

1 edit
reply to rkpetros
Unfortunately with the hiccups we had during the transition, and the billing changes, the call volume has increased substantially, and we are plagued with busy signals, and long hold times.

If you want to PM me your account number, or address, I will take a look at your account, and see what we can get going for you.

comp
Premium
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA
We have about 20 HD channels here in NH and cant complain

odog
Premium,VIP
Atlanta, GA

1 edit
reply to Jeff G
I think his boxes just need to be hit, I'm going to do that Monday when I get in... The snowy pic issues I think will need a truck roll. I'm going to see if I can get someone to check outside Monday, hopefully it can be fixed from there.

rkpetros

join:2003-06-03
Plainfield, CT
reply to Jeff G
Finally, after a week and about 30 phone calls, I got a hold of Customer Service. After a rude encounter with one person, I actually got a hold of a person who was pleasant; however, they still could not get my new HD channels working. They sent out a technician today. I thought all was great until I found that they've messed up my entire Home Theater System, which I recently just spent many days setting up. The digital output was disconnected for one thing. Now I just went to watch some shows that I recorded earlier on my DVD recorder, and found that they've disconnected the cable input to the recorder, so now I've recorded snow(and thus missed all of my shows). Also, now my internet connection is losing signal off and on all night. So now I can say that the customer service isn't the only thing that sucks at Metrocast. I can now get the new HD Channels, but they've messed up the rest of my system and my internet service is useless. The sooner I can get away from Metrocast and go back to DirecTV the better. I bet that if I didn't pay my bill they would remember how to disconnect my service! I've literally spent HOURS over the last 9 days trying to get this issue resolved, and now they've created an even bigger problem.

ultatryon1

@ultatryon.com
As for your experience with the answering service, I do apologize for their tone, but they are just that, an answering service. They are not knowledgeable or authorized to release information, they are there to simply take calls, and forward them to the appropriate person.

And for your internet, I do not see the failure you are describing, as I stated in my reply to your review, your signal as of right now (about 12, midnight on Wednesday/Thursday), you are online and rocking an absolutely textbook signal.

We absolutely want to get this working for you to your satisfaction, and I am not sure if you realized, but Odog and myself, both work for MetroCast, and we are trying to get this rolling for you.

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?

join:2001-03-30
Brierfield, AL

2 edits
reply to odog
said by odog:

They were working when I got home from NH last night at 11:)
you were up here??

booo!!! guess i missed ya, haha.

So this musta been the change I heard marty talking about?

Did you guys get Cinemax HD up and running? Hopefully you did in time for that Star Wars Marathon