Search similar:

uniqs
Zepo1a
join:2003-09-17
Arcadia, FL

Zepo1a to sashwa

to sashwa

Re: Line Monitoring SignUps for Embarq members

that's confusing. why would I check the dynamic box if my ip is static?

I went back and checked it but that does not make sense to me.

Zep--

Vaprotan
Vaprotan
Premium Member
join:2002-07-03
Kingsport, TN
Technicolor C2000T

1 edit

1 recommendation

Vaprotan

Premium Member

Basically you're entering your ip address at the time and checking dynamic to let the system know that it is infact dynamic so that when you login next time it can check and see if you IP has changed.

If your IP is static then there shouldn't be a reason to need to check the dynamic ip box.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
428.1 21.6

4 edits

sashwa to Zepo1a

Mod

to Zepo1a
Zep, that I don't know but I do know that works. Sorry. Maybe someone else does and will be able to explain.

Thanks, Silentwolf. I see you type faster than me.

I see you're up and running now. It will take a while before your graph starts to populate.
mcotter
join:2004-07-20
Osage Beach, MO

mcotter to sashwa

to sashwa
Monitor set up.

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Invite sent to mcotter See Profile.

davoice
join:2000-08-12
Saxapahaw, NC

davoice to sashwa

to sashwa
Monitor setup.

Can you also re-send me an invite to share my test history? I got the automated system invite and mis-clicked. I meant to click accept buy accidentally clicked on decline. (That's what I get for working on the computer late at night without my glasses on!)

}Davoice

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Shame on you, davoice.

I just tried to send you an invite and I can't. I'm going to have to do some checking as to why not. When I find out why, I'll let you know. Sorry.

zingaro5
join:2000-08-21
New Cambria, KS

zingaro5 to sashwa

to sashwa
Thank you

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Check your IMs zingaro5 See Profile. You need to setup your line monitoring.

davoice
join:2000-08-12
Saxapahaw, NC

davoice to sashwa

to sashwa
Yes I got "spammed" with a whole slew of invites. No biggie. But FYI... when "System" sends the invites you get 1 invite and 1 IM *per* test you have ever run. That can add up to a whole lot of invites quickly.

PS... In case you didn't notice, I've been here longer than you. So no, I haven't changed my email address or forgot to verify.

}Davoice

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz
428.1 21.6

sashwa

Mod

Sorry about all the spam. It wasn't intentional. I didn't know they were going thru or being held. So I kept trying to get an invite sent to you. I've not had this problem with anyone else.

Yes, I know you've been here longer than me. I was thinking that maybe you had changed your email and somehow your acct wasn't verified and that was the reason I couldn't send you an invite.

Glad to see you joined the Group. I promise no more spam from me.
MZR2
join:2006-08-12
TX

1 recommendation

MZR2 to sashwa

to sashwa
My connections has been running pretty stable, my upload is being capped at 260k for some reason embarq still can't figure out, but other than that I'm happy with it. I want to thank the Mods/Admins for setting up such a nice feature.
Expand your moderator at work

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

1 edit

sashwa

Mod

Re: Line Monitoring SignUps for Embarq members

This is a thread for asking for an invite to the line monitoring group not for griping. Start another thread for that.

If you want to join our monitoring group then you will need to join the site and ask for an invite.
draconic
join:2006-11-16
Washington, NC

draconic to sashwa

to sashwa
monitor set up.

can't wait for the results 'cos embarq has been seriously lacking in their service in the last week and i need to know what's going on - their techs haven't the foggiest idea.

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Invite sent, draconic See Profile.
Zepo1a
join:2003-09-17
Arcadia, FL

Zepo1a

I have clicked on share my results with others..but how do I see the others? all i see is my line monitoring.

Zep--
Zepo1a

Zepo1a

I figured it out..just not many participating I guess...

On Another note...

I notice very high pings on my graph everyday between 6pm and 10pm EST. What does this represent as far as service troubles?

Zep--

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz
428.1 21.6

sashwa

Mod

The link to view others in the group is »/testh ··· ?view=18. The link to our group is in the forum links on the front page in the forum's links. It's labeled Embarq Monitors.

As far as service troubles and high pings, I don't know. You may want to start a new thread about it.
gh4456
Premium Member
join:2004-04-07
Beverly Hills, CA

gh4456 to sashwa

Premium Member

to sashwa
monitor set up.

DSL TEch

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Invite sent, gh4456 See Profile.
56403739 (banned)
Less than 5 months left
join:2006-03-08
Naples, FL

56403739 (banned) to sashwa

to sashwa
You need to group these by region (at least by state) because as it is right now it's a page of pretty pictures but really doesn't say much if you don't know where people are.

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz
428.1 21.6

1 edit

sashwa

Mod

I've asked members to put their location in the public comment of their line monitoring. If they choose not to that is their choice.

I have no plans at this time to break up this group and then start one for each Embarq region which is the only way that grouping could be done that I know of. I am already watching over 5 groups including this one.

If you still want to see where the group members are located, you can check their profile page to see if they have listed their location.
Alleyman
join:2001-12-08
Fuquay Varina, NC

Alleyman to sashwa

to sashwa
I've gotten the monitor to display graphs...may I have an invite?

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Invite sent to Alleyman See Profile.
gonz1105
join:2000-12-07
Talbott, TN

gonz1105 to sashwa

to sashwa
I'm all setup please invite me...

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Invite sent to gonz1105 See Profile.
Gandalf4503
join:2002-06-27
Guilderland, NY

Gandalf4503 to sashwa

to sashwa
So, how would I go about doing this on Linux? All the software that's in the FAQ is for Windows only. And no, I don't want to run anything in WINE. It's too finicky for me to waste time with it.