sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa to dsllh

Mod

to dsllh

Re: Line Monitoring SignUps for Embarq members

Invite sent, dsllh. Just click on the link in the invite and accept.

I'm not sure about you not having the "My home connection" in the pulldown choices. I'll check that out when I get home tonight.
dsllh
join:2005-11-26
Milford, NJ

dsllh to sashwa

to sashwa
Ok I signed up..

Was not sure about laststep as I could not find "My home connection" in the pulldown choices.

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa to Monolith

Mod

to Monolith
Invite sent, Monolith. Just click on the link in the invite and accept.
Monolith
join:2007-07-25
united state

Monolith to sashwa

to sashwa
Monitor setup, please invite.

Thanks

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa to AngryPenguin6

Mod

to AngryPenguin6
Invite sent, AngryPenguin. Just click on the link in the invite and accept.

Here's the link to the FAQ for line monitoring. If you have any problems just IM me and I will try to help get you set up.
AngryPenguin6
join:2008-01-13

AngryPenguin6 to sashwa

to sashwa
Im not sure if i set this up properly. I dont know how to figure out who my dns is.

Im in linux. I edited the configuration file as necessary dunno if its working. need an invite.

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa to DJStarfox

Mod

to DJStarfox
I don't show you as a member of the Embarq Monitoring group, so I sent you another invite. You need to click on the link in the invite and accept.
DJStarfox
join:2000-07-05
Orlando, FL

1 edit

DJStarfox to sashwa

to sashwa
sashwa,

I lost the invite a while ago. I am experiencing latency and a heavy percentage of out of order packets with Embarq. I setup the line monitor again, and if we are still monitoring Embarq, I would like to monitor the connection. The monitor is listed as "EmbarqXXXXXX".

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

1 edit

sashwa to additude

Mod

to additude
Invite sent, additude. Just click on the link in the invite and accept.

Your email address doesn't have anything to do with your line monitoring and your invite unless you have your IM notifications sent to your email rather than a flashing envelope at the top of your screen here. If that's the case then you can still get your invite by going to your IM page.

additude
join:2000-07-14
Corolla, NC

1 edit

additude to sashwa

to sashwa
I set up monitoring for two IP's.

My @embarqmail.com address is currently down due to Embarq technical problems......so I don't know if I'll get an invite right away....

Edit: Updated email address to a working email addy.

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa to draconic

Mod

to draconic
Invite sent, draconic. Welcome aboard.

Just click on the link in the invite and accept.
draconic
join:2006-11-16
Washington, NC

draconic to sashwa

to sashwa
all set up, ready for an invite!

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa to kahleeb

Mod

to kahleeb
You are welcome! Glad we got you fixed up.
kahleeb
join:2002-12-10
Rhome, TX

kahleeb to sashwa

to sashwa
It appears that the DNS client that DYNDNS.org offers now is no longer a valid client for the line monitoring. I had to go find an older client elsewhere and run it as well.

Long story short, I have a client that is working now.

Thanks again for all your help.

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

1 recommendation

sashwa to kahleeb

Mod

to kahleeb
WTG, kahleeb! It's working now that you aren't using your DNS client. Just remember you will need to the manually update your IP address everytime it changes and you should be all set.

»/testh ··· pen=&p=3

Last one on the page.
sashwa

sashwa to kahleeb

Mod

to kahleeb
Okay, I kicked you out of the group. But sent you a new invite. Get your monitor set up and working first. Then click on the link in the invite and accept.

I really think your monitor wasn't working because your DNS client could not find your IP address for some reason. I want you the set up your monitor without using it.

You just need to do 2 things:

1) enter your current IP address in the static IP box AND 2) check the "dynamic" box. You must do both.

There is no need for third party software - if your IP changes, you can always edit your monitor to reflect the new IP.

Good luck and let me know how it goes. BTW, which DNS client have you been using?
kahleeb
Rhome, TX

kahleeb to sashwa

to sashwa
I think something else is really wrong. I am pingable because I can get tests results like this one:
»/lineq ··· /2304599

I have deleted my monitor. Will you remove me and add me back as well?

If this does not work, I will try whatever you think I should. This week I have limited time to work on this due to a class I have to take.

I look forward to hearing back from you so I can try to get "re-added" to the group!

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

1 edit

1 recommendation

sashwa to kahleeb

Mod

to kahleeb
Your monitor doesn't need a week of data to show. The data should start showing within a couple of hours if not sooner. It sounds like your DNS client can not find your IP address at all.

Let's try this - take your DNS client out of the mix to test and enter your current IP address in the static IP box and check the "dynamic" box. Then click update monitor at the bottom of the page.
kahleeb
Rhome, TX

kahleeb to sashwa

to sashwa
I will hold off for a bit and see what happens.

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa to kahleeb

Mod

to kahleeb
I have never heard of a monitor needing a weeks worth of data before showing. So do you want to wait before stopping your monitor so I can take you out of the group and re-invite you back?
kahleeb
Rhome, TX

kahleeb to sashwa

to sashwa
I am now using apple airport extreme.

However, my graph is not showing up because it needs a week of data before it will work. Somehow my monitor got deleted in the past.

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

sashwa to kahleeb

Mod

to kahleeb
I just checked your graph and it still is not showing up. It's been overnight so go ahead and stop your monitor. Let me know when that is done so I can take you out of the group and send you a new invite.

When setting up your monitor the next time, please make sure you can accept WAN requests and that you are pingable. What router, modem, and firewall are you using?
kahleeb
Rhome, TX

kahleeb to sashwa

to sashwa
Before I delete it...

I am getting the message that there is no data available yet to draw graph yet.

Would that indicate that it needs more time to draw?

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

sashwa to kahleeb

Mod

to kahleeb
It still doesn't look fixed to me. You have no graph showing. What I want you to do is stop your monitor. I will then take you out of the group and send you a new invite. Then set your monitor back up and make sure it's working. Then click on the link in the invite and accept. Let me know when you have your monitor stopped so I can take you out of the group and invite you back in. You may also need to re-set up your DNS program.

The only time I've ever seen a monitor go blank is when someone's set up has changed in some way. As far as I know monitors can only be deleted by the member.
kahleeb
Rhome, TX

kahleeb

I think I may be setup again. Somehow the monitor got deleted. Does this automatically delete by itself? (I didn't authorize it)

I have added my IP and setup dynamic with the same DNS updater running that I was using previously.

Thank you for your help!

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

sashwa to kahleeb

Mod

to kahleeb
Try stopping your monitor and then setting it up from scratch.

Make sure you enter your current IP in the static IP box AND 2) check the "dynamic" box. You must do both.

Also make sure your router accepts WAN requests. Make sure you are pingable.
kahleeb
Rhome, TX

kahleeb to sashwa

to sashwa
My Line Monitor was blank tonight and I just added it back. It does not seem like it is still setup correctly.

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

sashwa to kahleeb

Mod

to kahleeb
You are still there - on page 3: »/testh ··· pen=&p=3

But for some reason your graph is not showing up. Check to make sure your router is set to accept WAN requests and that your firewall accepts ICMP pings. Also make sure you are using the current IP address.
kahleeb
Rhome, TX

kahleeb to sashwa

to sashwa
Once upon a time I was setup for this. Somehow it was taken off. I would like to sign up again.

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa to systems2000

Mod

to systems2000
You're welcome.