Premium,VIP,MVM
join:1999-12-21
Huntington Beach, CA
kudos:9

1 edit

1 recommendation

[Feature request] RE: Group Test Results

Details are outlined best here:
»New site feature: grouped test results.
said by Flippant:

justin See Profile has established a new feature, detailed here: »New Feature: Grouped Test Results

I was thinking it would be great to have a regional group for this forum. It would be great to have people from all the different providers in the area.

If anyone wants to participate for this region, please post here and I will send you an invite. If you want to get free line monitoring (I have been doing it for over 6 years and it is great), this is a great way to get it.
Thanks for your consideration.

Amy Sheehan

--
DSLR Phishtracker

seagreen
Premium,Mod
join:2001-05-14
out there
Joining a Texas group doesn't sound like it would provide useful results but Southern California could have it's own regional monitoring group if so desired. Let me know if anybody has any interest in doing this and I will see what I can do to make it happen.

amysheehan
Premium,VIP,MVM
Huntington Beach, CA
said by seagreen:

Joining a Texas group doesn't sound like it would provide useful results but Southern California could have it's own regional monitoring group if so desired. Let me know if anybody has any interest in doing this and I will see what I can do to make it happen.
There are more than several SoCal RR users who have *signed* in this RR thread - »Members Only - Grouped Line Monitoring

I would like to request that the SoCal forum have its own monitoring group

Thanks again.

Amy
--
DSLR Phishtracker

seagreen
Premium,Mod
out there

1 recommendation

said by amysheehan:

There are more than several SoCal RR users who have *signed* in this RR thread - »Members Only - Grouped Line Monitoring
Gotcha. The SoCal RoadRunner group looks good for those that have RR.

If there is any interest we could look for monitoring groups for other major providers in the region or do a SoCal regional group that encompasses everybody not on RR.

champ2u

join:2002-10-16
Corona, CA

1 recommendation

reply to amysheehan
Count me in for the SoCal group.

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA

1 recommendation

reply to amysheehan
Count me in also. As I have just been switched from Comcast to RR, I've had a few issues myself...

seagreen
Premium,Mod
out there

3 edits

1 recommendation

said by aztecnology:

Count me in also...
OK - you'd probably want to go here and sign up for the SoCal RR Group.
I believe your single monitor can participate in a SoCal group as well, so when that is set up you can add yourself to that.

Found a group for DSLExtreme: »/testhistory?view=13 which several forum users have already joined. Send an IM to sashwa See Profile to join that one.

seagreen
Premium,Mod
out there

1 edit
reply to amysheehan
OK - the group monitors are linked in the forum sidebar.

To find out more about line monitoring go here: »/schedule and set up your monitor. It cost's you nothing to be monitored as part of a group.

You need to be pingable

You would want to set your monitor up as basic monitoring and set up your IP address. There are applications that can be used for those without static IP addresses. See the following for more information: »Line Monitoring FAQ

If there are any questions ask in this thread and I will do my best to answer them.

amysheehan
Premium,VIP,MVM
Huntington Beach, CA

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

said by seagreen:

OK - the group monitors are linked in the forum sidebar.

To find out more about line monitoring go here: »/schedule and set up your monitor. It cost's you nothing to be monitored as part of a group.

You need to be pingable

You would want to set your monitor up as basic monitoring and set up your IP address as dynamic even if you have a static IP address.

If there are any questions ask in this thread and I will do my best to answer them.
Thank you so very much seagreen See Profile !!!
--
DSLR Phishtracker

Bloominite
Premium
join:2004-04-17
reply to seagreen

Re: [Feature request] RE: Group Test Results

I'm already in the DSLX group. Can you add me to the SoCal group? Thanx

seagreen
Premium,Mod
out there

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to amysheehan

Re: Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

said by amysheehan:

Thank you....
Thank YOU for bringing it up.

If anybody else knows of group monitors for other major SoCAL ISPs, let me know and I'll add those as well.

If anybody wants to join the General SoCAL group, either post here or send me an IM and I'll send you the invite.

I sent invitations to Bloominite See Profile and champ2u See Profile. If you don't get them or something else doesn't work, let me know so I can look into it.

Bloominite
Premium
Thanks for adding me, Seagreem. I'm up and running.

seagreen
Premium,Mod
out there

2 edits

1 recommendation

reply to amysheehan

For those not already taking part in the SoCAL Group monitor, that are interested, please send me an IM to receive an invitation. You must click "Accept" when you get it for it to display here in the group monitors.

Also:
Go to your profile page and add it to the profile +

»/prefs/flair

Use the drop down to add an entry to "My Home Connection"

That way your ISP, connection speed, monthly price, modem, and anything else pertinent will show up next to your monitor.

IcEr3K
Premium
join:2001-01-19
Los Angeles, CA
reply to amysheehan
I'm interested.

seagreen
Premium,Mod
out there
said by IcEr3K:

I'm interested.
Invitation sent.

IcEr3K
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to amysheehan
Is there a page to see all the members participating in the SoCal group?
--
My space

amysheehan
Premium,VIP,MVM
Huntington Beach, CA

Re: See the members

said by IcEr3K:

Is there a page to see all the members participating in the SoCal group?
See [direct link] »/testhistory?view=25

Or click the link in the navigation pane on the SoCal forum homepage: »Southern California

--
DSLR Phishtracker

jig

join:2001-01-05
Hacienda Heights, CA
reply to amysheehan

that's pretty neat, but i don't think i should participate. my line is often congested, it would probably give out strange data.

seagreen
Premium,Mod
out there
said by jig:

my line is often congested, it would probably give out strange data.
All the more reason to do so - if somebody were considering using your ISP and saw that it might be good to know.

HappyBunny9
Hi. Cram It.
Premium
join:2001-06-23
Long Beach, CA
kudos:1
How about Charter? There are a lot of us over in the Charter forum.

IcEr3K
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
I agree, HappyBunny. There was an influx of problems with Charter in SoCal over the past week...
--
My space

seagreen
Premium,Mod
out there

1 recommendation

reply to HappyBunny9
said by HappyBunny9:

How about Charter?
There is a Charter monitor but for large ISPs dividing it up into regions makes more sense (much like what the Road Runner group did). Information about the Charter group is here: »Charter Internet Line Monitoring - It's free

You might ask skj See Profile to make regional divisions for Charter monitors. If there's enough interest I'm sure he'd do so.

You're welcome to monitor as part of the SoCal region in addition to the Charter group. Your one monitor can be shown in both groups.

Premium
join:2006-05-17
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:2
reply to amysheehan
i am already in dslx group, so give invitation i will add my self to this group as well.

jig

join:2001-01-05
Hacienda Heights, CA
reply to seagreen
said by seagreen:

said by jig:

All the more reason to do so - if somebody were considering using your ISP and saw that it might be good to know.
well, it's not my isps fault...
--
A man compounded of law and gospel is able to cheat a whole country with his religion and then destroy them under color of law. -Ben Franklin

Bloominite
Premium

1 edit
said by jig:

said by seagreen:

said by jig:

well, it's not my isps fault...
I have the same concern and I'd hate for my poor results to reflect poorly on DSLextreme. I wonder if it's OK to make a note of that along with the other info?

edit: I went ahead and made a notation on my monitor stating my poor performance isn't due to the ISP.

seagreen
Premium,Mod
out there
reply to 81399672
said by 81399672:

give invitation i will add my self to this group as well.
Invitation sent. Welcome to the SoCal monitoring group.

Premium
join:2006-05-17
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:2
said by seagreen:

said by 81399672:

give invitation i will add my self to this group as well.
Invitation sent. Welcome to the SoCal monitoring group.
thanks

Jaime
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Huntington Beach, CA
reply to amysheehan
Invite please.

seagreen
Premium,Mod
out there
said by Jaime:

Invite please.
Invite sent - Welcome to the SoCal Regional monitoring group.

nirvansk815
Premium
join:2001-06-18
united state

1 recommendation

reply to amysheehan
I'm interested as well, ty.