« DVR - good or bad?Spectrum internet - regional outages? »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 ... 19 · 20 · 21 · next
Tlamming
join:2001-08-21
Howell, MI

Tlamming to skj

to skj

Re: Charter Internet Line Monitoring - It's free

Please send me an invite when you get a chance. Thanks!

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South

skj

Mod

I got the chance.

sio2
Premium Member
join:2004-10-07
Pasadena, CA

sio2 to skj

Premium Member

to skj
Hi, Can I get an invite pleas?

skj
Mod
Gone South

skj

Mod

Sent
perisavanah
join:2014-11-29

perisavanah to skj

to skj
Hello I'm sorry if you already answered these questions let me quickly go into my story I've been a charter customer for 3 years now and switched from att because they only had 3down and .5 up and was always dcing had crazy packet loss. I thought things would change when i picked up charter but things got worse I started getting even crazier packet loss and my phone would also go down at the same time for days into weeks. I would call every day and they would send out these charter contractors that probably changed my modem about 5 times over a month then eventually I got fed up and tried to explain to them its not my house and that my neighbors are having the same issue , and to prove it we got 100ft of cable and hooked into my neighbors tap and dragged the cable to my modem in my house and the results were the same crazy packet loss ,transient outage ,.01 upload etc. So after a week they sent out a non contractor and they finally believed me and sent out a real tech and replaced the tap and replaced all the wires in the house. And behold the problem was still there then another tech came and he replaced the tap again and said that will probably fix it which is stupid. And again behold the problem was still there and you wont believe how hard it is to get one of these guys out when I call the regular charter line they always say "please restart your computer", "did you check your filters", "no i assure there is no outage" then I literally call back again then they tell me they think its a outage. Well anyways the problem getting worse after my brother called and got ahold of a floor manager after a month he started contacting the our district manager on behalf of us and eventually they sent out more higher end techs and told it was a uverse customer sending noise into the lines and that it wont happen again then literally a week later it started happening again. We ended up calling corprate but nothing changed we call the managers but they never pick up there phone or answer the emails we send them with all the trace routs and packet tests we ran I honestly don't know what to do anymore, do you know how I can change this? Sorry for long post the story is actually way longer with multiple failed promises by the managers and the owner of this area but then it would be even bigger wall of text.

This monitoring I guess would make my life easier in terms of showing proof but no one charter side reads my emails when I already have my own packet test using ICSI Netalyzr and winmtr do you know anyone I can get ahold of? And also what do you get out of this this seem like a one-relationship which is extremely nice of you but do you get information out of the people who join or something maybe I dont know about? Sorry about the wall of text again and thanks for your time!

skj
Mod
Gone South

skj

Mod

It is often very hard to get a hold of someone who knows what they are doing and who can help you. We used to have a private forum here with Charter employees, but they have stopped providing official employees to help at this site. In their parting post, it was suggested you contact them here: »myaccount.charter.com/cu ··· ort.aspx. I have no idea if you will have any success there.

As far as the line monitoring here, it is just something we provide as a free service to the people who are members here, as a means to help monitor your connection. If you would like an invite to sign-up, just let me know.

Thanks, and welcome to the Charter forum and our site!

--skj
perisavanah

perisavanah

yes invite please:D

skj
Mod
Gone South

skj

Mod

Sent.
perisavanah

perisavanah

How do I accept the invite O_O?

skj
Mod
Gone South

1 edit

skj

Mod

Did you not get it in a private message to click on? I sent you another one.

In case you have not already done so, please see this post for help getting you setup: »Charter Spectrum Internet Line Monitoring - It's free
System

Anon

(topic move) Charter Internet Line Monitoring - It's free

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Line Monitor-How do I become pingable?
KoukiMonster
join:2014-12-10

KoukiMonster to skj

to skj

Re: Charter Internet Line Monitoring - It's free

Can I get an invite please?

skj
Mod
Gone South

skj

Mod

Sent.

Red Hazard
Premium Member
join:2012-07-21
O Fallon, IL

Red Hazard to skj

Premium Member

to skj
said by skj:

...make sure you are "pingable".

Many security experts recommend against doing that.
dracos
join:2006-04-13
Roscoe, IL

dracos to skj

to skj
I would like an invite please

kode54
join:2003-09-19
Riverside, CA
Sercomm ES2251
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

kode54 to skj

to skj
Hello, skj, I somehow forgot you also moderate the Charter forum. I would like an invite, please. Already verified that my IP address is pingable.

I would also like to know if I could use it to keep an eye on a U-verse connection that I'm still using for TV and phone, but not for Internet. Or is this offer only good for a single (and also Charter) IP address?
jma89
join:2015-04-21
Nunica, MI

jma89 to skj

to skj
I've finally set up line monitoring for my connection at home. (And a whole new account on DSLReports to boot!)

I'm ~6 miles from the head-end where the Allendale, MI SpeedTest.net server is hosted. I'm curious to see what my line looks like from the outside. (My firewall shows ~10 ms to next-hop pretty much all day long.)
FrontirCynic
join:2006-10-25
Long Beach, CA

FrontirCynic to skj

to skj
Im going to try this tonite once on charter. We are internet only and having a problem. I am on fios at work and its rock solid. charter at home (90808) yeah not so much

3/5/15 at 1049pm
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 92746270

5/10/15 940p
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 51198554

kode54
join:2003-09-19
Riverside, CA
Sercomm ES2251
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

1 edit

kode54

I ran this test, and it absolutely insisted that I restrict testing to port 80, saying it couldn't connect to port 8080. I verified that my browser is allowing outgoing connections to port 8080.

5/11/15 1102p
»[Cable Speed test: 65.21/4.36 25 ms]

E: Looks like, from my uBlock connection log, the test is trying to connect to an IP that is refusing connections on port 8080:

$ telnet 54.153.0.97 8080
Trying 54.153.0.97...
telnet: connect to address 54.153.0.97: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

sio2
Premium Member
join:2004-10-07
Pasadena, CA

sio2 to skj

Premium Member

to skj
Please invite

skj
Mod
Gone South

skj

Mod

Invite sent.
cocokola
join:2003-10-15
Chesterfield, MO

cocokola to skj

to skj
Invite please!

skj
Mod
Gone South

skj

Mod

Sent.
jbrackeen
join:2005-03-11
Athens, AL

jbrackeen to skj

to skj
invite please

skj
Mod
Gone South

skj

Mod

You got it!
Andypro
join:2007-05-11
Suffolk, VA

1 edit

Andypro to skj

to skj
I'd like to set this up and would like an invite - thank you.

Edit: Got it. Thanks!
photosmike
join:2015-12-29

photosmike to skj

to skj

Re: Charter Spectrum Internet Line Monitoring - It's free

Please send me an invite.

Thanks,

Mike

skj
Mod
Gone South

skj

Mod

Sent

Mosalar
join:2014-02-08
Tampa, FL

Mosalar to skj

to skj
I'm a Brighthouse refugee, does this offer include us? If so, please send an invite.

skj
Mod
Gone South

skj

Mod

said by Mosalar:

I'm a Brighthouse refugee, does this offer include us? If so, please send an invite.

Invite sent. Welcome to our one big dysfunctional family.