Mod
join:2001-05-14
out there

seagreen to jig

Mod

to jig

Re: [Feature request] RE: Group Test Results

said by jig:

my line is often congested, it would probably give out strange data.
All the more reason to do so - if somebody were considering using your ISP and saw that it might be good to know.

HappyBunny9
Hi. Cram It.
Premium Member
join:2001-06-23
Long Beach, CA

HappyBunny9

Premium Member

How about Charter? There are a lot of us over in the Charter forum.

IcEr3K
Premium Member
join:2001-01-19
Los Angeles, CA

IcEr3K

Premium Member

I agree, HappyBunny. There was an influx of problems with Charter in SoCal over the past week...

seagreen
Mod
join:2001-05-14
out there

1 recommendation

seagreen to HappyBunny9

Mod

to HappyBunny9
said by HappyBunny9:

How about Charter?
There is a Charter monitor but for large ISPs dividing it up into regions makes more sense (much like what the Road Runner group did). Information about the Charter group is here: »Charter Spectrum Internet Line Monitoring - It's free

You might ask skj See Profile to make regional divisions for Charter monitors. If there's enough interest I'm sure he'd do so.

You're welcome to monitor as part of the SoCal region in addition to the Charter group. Your one monitor can be shown in both groups.

jig
join:2001-01-05
Hacienda Heights, CA

jig to seagreen

to seagreen
said by seagreen:
said by jig:

All the more reason to do so - if somebody were considering using your ISP and saw that it might be good to know.
well, it's not my isps fault...

Bloominite
Premium Member
join:2004-04-17

1 edit

Bloominite

Premium Member

said by jig:

said by seagreen:
said by jig:

well, it's not my isps fault...
I have the same concern and I'd hate for my poor results to reflect poorly on DSLextreme. I wonder if it's OK to make a note of that along with the other info?

edit: I went ahead and made a notation on my monitor stating my poor performance isn't due to the ISP.