Owlbet
Ignite the Ice
Premium,MVM
join:2002-09-24
Palmer, AK

6 recommendations

reply to bbrcat

Re: [New Members] Introductions

Hello fellow crunchers. My name is Debbie. I'm a transplanted Yankee (Pittsburgh, PA) now living for the past 25 years in Alaska. I lived in Anchorage for 18 years before finally purchasing a home in Palmer. I'm married (25 years) and childless by choice.

I'm a number cruncher (accountant) for a large Alaska retailer. I was in public accounting for six years and I got tired of income taxes and accounting for my time (being "billable") and went back to my first love which is retail accounting.

My Mom beat colon cancer and my Dad beat prostrate cancer, but lung cancer has shown up in my Dad. He's undergoing chemotherapy and radiation. He's adamant, he doesn't want to go the surgical route. Bone cancer claimed my beloved dog Rocky's life and I figure anything that can help humans can help our animal companions.

I'm crazy for ECHL Hockey. It's something to do during the long, dark, cold winters here. Soon, we will have an Arena Football team. I have lots of other interests as well, but they are too numerous to list here.
--
Follow the Alaska Aces on their quest for the 2007 Kelly Cup. The puck drops here.
2006-2007 Record: 6-3-0

MarkM
Premium
join:2004-03-22
Saint Peters, MO
kudos:13

2 recommendations

I am currently posting in here because lilhurricane told me to and Beach Boy gave me trouble about it.