comp
Premium
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA
Reviews:
·Armstrong Zoom ..
·DIRECTV

VOIP Service

Does anyone know what is Metrocast's ETA for a VOIP service?

Between the constant packetloss(not all metrocasts fault but who they are buying from) and my 4 mb connection bouncing around like nothing, Vonage is running like crap for me.

I have perfect signal levels so i know it isnt on my end and i started to have vonage issues after i left my 8/768 comcast connection

comp
Premium
Evans City, PA
Reviews:
·Armstrong Zoom ..
·DIRECTV

1 edit
Is the business service any faster? Would they give me it in a residential area? I would pay anything right now

UPDATE

Ok there may be some node saturation during peak times because i am getting perfect results now.

Is there anyway to check on this?

ultatryon

join:2002-04-10
Waterford, CT
reply to comp
As I have said in the other thread.. This forum is for the Connecticut system, not the New Hampshire system. We are effectively an independent system, with very few similarities at this time. Due to that, any information that we have, would not apply to you.

The Forum for the New Hampshire system is quite dead however, but it is located here: »Metrocast Communications

comp
Premium
Evans City, PA

1 edit

Jeff G

join:2001-07-31
Dayville, CT
reply to comp
Mr Compnurd may I ask what is your problem? You have come here since the first day you showed up being nothing but obnoxious. You don't open threads you make demands and useless remarks. You try to tell the team that sets the system up and maintains it each day how their system works. Then to top it all off one of them is trying to explain to you that we are in CT not NH and you answer like a 10 year old. Do you have anything positive to add to the discussion???

I am fully exppecting your flaming response to this message fine let it come. Just getting really old of the negative and I had this I want this etc. I am sure I am not the only one of this opinion.

comp
Premium
Evans City, PA
Reviews:
·Armstrong Zoom ..
·DIRECTV
Well Like i have stated in the past, the TV service is top notch but I have issues with the internet service.

Everything i stated above were questions and not demands.

I am sorry if you read it wrong

What is above does not sound like a demand to me

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium
join:2000-11-28
New London, CT
said by comp:

Well Like i have stated in the past, the TV service is top notch but I have issues with the internet service.

Everything i stated above were questions and not demands.

I am sorry if you read it wrong

What is above does not sound like a demand to me
It's not really a demand, it's a question, but I have to wonder why you ask it here when it has already been pointed out that this forum is specifically for Metrocast of CONNECTICUT.

There is a forum for the NH Metrocast system, there is a link to it earlier in this thread. You would be better off posing your question there.
--
AMD Athon64 X2 4800+ | ASUS A8N-SLI-Premium | 4 GB PC3200 Corsair XMS C2 | eVga 7800GTX KO| Disc0=74GB WD SATA Raptor, Disc1=250GB WD SATA, Disc2=500GB Seagate ATA | PC Power & Cooling TurboCool 510 SLI PSU | Windows XP Pro. 64 Bit

billh491

join:2001-08-09
Pomfret Center, CT
reply to comp
Just an idea, from the op point of view the NH forum is dead and Metrocast NH techs must not go in there so posting there would be useless. And while it is a good point that posting here might be as close to pointless at least there is some chance someone here would know.

If I were him I might do the same, The only reason there is any life here is ConnForum closed down.

But I can tell you from being in here and ConnForum before that for the last 4 plus years the techs from the CT side are not going to give you a road map of the companies plans. They don't own the place they work there and I bet want to keep their jobs so you are only going to get a short heads up here.

So you are welcome to ask but just remember While the name is the same for now anyways CT and NH are not run on the same track. And don't tick the techs off as we are lucky to have them in here when us CT users need help.

Jeff G

join:2001-07-31
Dayville, CT
Let me clarify not really saying demands where made just the way the posts where made in general appeared kind of ummm off tone. To be honest not my business but the one that really rubbed me the wrong way was telling Odog, A person that has been very helpful to everyone in here how QAM works and does not work. I guess I consider this our little hang out. I would prefer everyone was civil and proper to each other. Maybe I was a little rough in the previous post, maybe I was not either way that is how it was meant.

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?

join:2001-03-30
Brierfield, AL
reply to comp
said by comp:

I do not

said by comp:

Between the constant packetloss(not all metrocasts fault but who they are buying from) and my 4 mb connection bouncing around like nothing, Vonage is running like crap for me.

I have perfect signal levels so i know it isnt on my end and i started to have vonage issues after i left my 8/768 comcast connection
Odd, I do not have a problem with my Vonage at home. Also, what sites are giving you the problems (timeouts)??

PM me your mac so I can look at something on this end. Cant do much, other then see if other users are having problems.
--
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.

Disclaimer: These are MY comments, my employer cant be held responsible.