Premium Member
join:2002-07-25
Martinez, CA

1 edit

cacroll

Premium Member

[request] split

said by AB57:

This is, after all, the USA, where the needs of the many are supposed to take precedence over the wishes of the few.
Actually, backwards. The needs of the few.
•Can't speak English? Force the schools to hire teachers in your personal language.
•Allergic to latex, milk, peanut butter? Make the school ban latex, milk, peanut butter.

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

AB57

Premium Member

Re: Restrictions on signatures

said by cacroll:

said by AB57:

This is, after all, the USA, where the needs of the many are supposed to take precedence over the wishes of the few.
Actually, backwards. The needs of the few.
•Can't speak English? Force the schools to hire teachers in your personal language.
•Allergic to latex, milk, peanut butter? Make the school ban latex, milk, peanut butter.
No, actually not backwards. I did say "supposed to", didn't I? And I find nothing wrong with making an accomodation for the minority, when feasible.
As far as your examples go, I don't know if that's true or not. I'm not personally aware of any schools being "forced" to hire teachers who teach in Spanish-only, although possibly so there in California, I wouldn't know off-hand.
And if a very few children might have seizures or die from ingesting peanut butter or milk, then I have no problem with schools disallowing those items. There are occasions when the needs of the few should take precedence.
Posting sigs at DSLR is not one of them, however.