spc
Search similar:

uniqs
GHodge
join:2002-02-27
Jewett City, CT

GHodge

NFL network....Debut game....NOT!!!

Was looking forward all week to seeing NFL networks debut game Thanksgiving night...but for some reason....the NFL network decides not to work.Not just for me, I call for help (and get the answering service?)..nobody working today, that's nice. Very cordial lady informs me that the NFL network is not working....feeling better that it's not just me, then realizing that nobody is at Metrocast to help. Oh well, maybe I expect too much for $158 per month.

odog
Minister of internet doohickies
Premium Member
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
Nokia BGW320-505

odog

Premium Member

UMM, she should have called someone... Even when we're "not" working, we're still on-call.

Let me send a text message and see what's going on. Also if you fell a credit is deserved, that's definitely something we can work on. I'm not back in the office until Monday, but hit me up then and I can make something happen.
GHodge
Jewett City, CT

GHodge

Thanks for the reply odog...this is not directed at you in any way. You of all people over there need time off and should enjoy every minute of it. Sometimes it feels like you're the only one holding down the fort.
I can't believe no one else posted in outrage about this. I had people over and settled in to watch the debut game of the NFL network in HD on Metrocast and Voila...nothing, nada, zilch. Not a good promo for Metro.
What really ticked me off was the fact that nobody was able to help. An aswering service??? 150,000 customers on a windy, rainy day when outages should have been expected and even likely throughout the day??
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

HA Thats like calling the electric company of a holiday and getting no one. I dont know of any cable company that does not a live person 24/7 365
GHodge
Jewett City, CT

GHodge

Called today to get some info...not good news. According to the person I was talking to, this is the latest. NFL network wants too much money for the rights to broadcast their Thursday night games. HUH? So we are NOT going to get them.
Why even bother with NFL Network then? What's the point?

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium Member
join:2000-11-28
New London, CT

nelamvr6

Premium Member

said by GHodge:

Called today to get some info...not good news. According to the person I was talking to, this is the latest. NFL network wants too much money for the rights to broadcast their Thursday night games. HUH? So we are NOT going to get them.
Why even bother with NFL Network then? What's the point?
Yeah, that does kinda suck.

billh491
join:2001-08-09
Portland, CT

billh491 to GHodge

to GHodge
The NFL is going over the top glad I am not a big sports fan.

But I know how you feel as it was a big let down for me when TechTV could not afford to go on.

At least I can use the Internet to get IPTV shows about Tech.
comp
Premium Member
Evans City, PA

comp to GHodge

Premium Member

to GHodge
Yeh that doesnt make sense. While have the channel but not broadcast certain programs on it
comp

comp

Premium Member

I was watching NFL scoreboard last night and they had a ticket talking a bout this telling people to call there cable companies to have them air live games
rkrenicki
join:2002-04-10
Quaker Hill, CT

rkrenicki to comp

to comp
Compnurd: We do have a live person 24/7 365.. we always have, its called an answering service. But then again, I cant speak for the New Hampshire system....

I do not know all the details, but the fee that NFL network wants is rather excessive.. This fee would be imposed per subscriber. I think that the majority of our customers would be more upset to see an increase in their bill of a few dollars, then the minority of our customers to be able to see the 5 or 6 games.

NFL should give out their own number for complaints, they are the ones who are making this "upper tier", not us.

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?
join:2001-03-30
Brierfield, AL

tenpin784

said by rkrenicki:

Compnurd: We do have a live person 24/7 365.. we always have, its called an answering service. But then again, I cant speak for the New Hampshire system....
We do, and they page the techs as well, as far as I know they are always on call too.

I know I am when the systems go down. Getting paged at 0300 is fun! =)
rkrenicki
Quaker Hill, CT

rkrenicki

tenpin: here here!

(for the record, that was not a dig towards the NH system, just stating that I dont know, since this is the wrong group)

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?
join:2001-03-30
Brierfield, AL

tenpin784

said by rkrenicki:

tenpin: here here!

(for the record, that was not a dig towards the NH system, just stating that I dont know, since this is the wrong group)
lol, sure.

youve been smacking us since day 1

(i kid, i kid)

maybe someday ill meet someone from outside of our own system (fat chance!) lol
GHodge
Jewett City, CT

GHodge

Metrocast should tell NFL Network to shove it then. Don't carry the network and choose not to carry the live games that they broadcast....makes absolutely no sense.

It's like carrying NESN but choosing not to carry the Red Sox games.
Metrocast should make it clear to it's customers that they are not really getting the NFL Network, they are getting an extremely crippled version.
comp
Premium Member
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

I agree
GHodge
Jewett City, CT

1 edit

GHodge to rkrenicki

to rkrenicki
said by rkrenicki:

I think that the majority of our customers would be more upset to see an increase in their bill of a few dollars, then the minority of our customers to be able to see the 5 or 6 games.

Actually it would be an increase of about 70 cents per month and it is 8 games.
Adding $0.70 to my bill of over $150 would be like a gnat biting a Rhino's butt.
BTW...ESPN gets almost $3.00 per month per subscriber.
goddan
join:2001-01-15
Quaker Hill, CT

goddan to GHodge

to GHodge
I'd rather get ABC HD first...
rkrenicki
Quaker Hill, CT

rkrenicki to GHodge

to GHodge
ESPN also delivers nearly a dozen channels, versus NFL's two.

I don't know the exact numbers, but from my understanding, the fee they want for just 8 games, is about double that of the channel without the games.

If that price you quoted is accurate, For those that are interested in Football, $0.70/mo more is nothing, but that price increase would be for every subscriber who receives that level of service, regardless of if they watch it or not.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to tell 30,000 people that their bill is going up (yet again) so that we can add about 20 hours of programming over the course of a year.
GHodge
Jewett City, CT

GHodge

Like I said...I would tell NFL Network to shove it, and stick their network where the pigskin won't shine.
They seem to be holding many cable providers hostage. Hell, Time Warner won't even carry the network.
I'll survive without the extra games.

Jeff G
join:2001-07-31
Dayville, CT

Jeff G

To chime in my $.02 I was disappointed without the game when I had the family over the other night. I also would not worry about 70 cents. But would also rather see ABC HD.