GHodge
join:2002-02-27
Jewett City, CT

1 edit

GHodge to rkrenicki

to rkrenicki

Re: NFL network....Debut game....NOT!!!

said by rkrenicki:

I think that the majority of our customers would be more upset to see an increase in their bill of a few dollars, then the minority of our customers to be able to see the 5 or 6 games.

Actually it would be an increase of about 70 cents per month and it is 8 games.
Adding $0.70 to my bill of over $150 would be like a gnat biting a Rhino's butt.
BTW...ESPN gets almost $3.00 per month per subscriber.
rkrenicki
join:2002-04-10
Quaker Hill, CT

rkrenicki

ESPN also delivers nearly a dozen channels, versus NFL's two.

I don't know the exact numbers, but from my understanding, the fee they want for just 8 games, is about double that of the channel without the games.

If that price you quoted is accurate, For those that are interested in Football, $0.70/mo more is nothing, but that price increase would be for every subscriber who receives that level of service, regardless of if they watch it or not.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to tell 30,000 people that their bill is going up (yet again) so that we can add about 20 hours of programming over the course of a year.
GHodge
join:2002-02-27
Jewett City, CT

GHodge

Like I said...I would tell NFL Network to shove it, and stick their network where the pigskin won't shine.
They seem to be holding many cable providers hostage. Hell, Time Warner won't even carry the network.
I'll survive without the extra games.

Jeff G
join:2001-07-31
Dayville, CT

Jeff G

To chime in my $.02 I was disappointed without the game when I had the family over the other night. I also would not worry about 70 cents. But would also rather see ABC HD.