Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

sashwa to eric_n_dfw

Mod

to eric_n_dfw

Re: Line Monitoring SignUps for Earthlink DSL members

Invite sent to eric_n_dfw See Profile. You need to accept by clicking on the link in the invite and then accept. Make sure your monitor is up and running when you accept.

TheHelpful1
Premium Member
join:2002-01-11
Upper Marlboro, MD

TheHelpful1

Premium Member

Monitoring setup, I think.
Not quite sure how to make the Linksys WRTP54G 'pingable' as there's no option for allow echo request or anything that resembles the FAQ page »(FAQ #685 no longer exists)

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

1 edit

sashwa

Mod

Invite sent to TheHelpful1 See Profile. Please don't break the monitor.

I'm not familiar with the Linksys but you might want to ask in the »Linksys Forum for help in this. Good luck.

Ooops, forgot to tell you, that you need to click on the link in the invite and accept.

TheHelpful1
Premium Member
Upper Marlboro, MD

1 edit

TheHelpful1

Premium Member

Clicked. Stats will most likely not show as the only thing I can find in the WRTP54G is an option to turn off it's Firewall/NAT. Needless to say, that's staying On.

Edit: Found it. Not under security or setup but rather Access Restrictions. Yay, monitoring is now active.

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

2 edits

sashwa

Mod

Now this is scarey - You being able to get this done with only 1 problem and fairly fast.

Very Good!
vinnie97
Premium Member
join:2003-12-05
US

vinnie97

Premium Member

I'm back to semi-stability at 6MB. I've got DeeEnEs (thx sashwa!) installed and updating on those occasions that I do get disconnected...so my readings should be much more reliable now.

sashwa
Mod
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Great, vinnie. I hope it works out for ya.

TheHelpful1
Premium Member
Upper Marlboro, MD

1 recommendation

TheHelpful1 to sashwa

Premium Member

to sashwa
said by sashwa:

Now this is scarey - You being able to get this done with only 1 problem and fairly fast.

Very Good!
Ssssh! Don't jinx me.