Sparrow
Crystal Sky
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
Sachakhand

Sparrow

Premium Member

Thank you, CCat See Profile!

I am having a very hard time printing the true colors though. There's too much yellow in the photo, and even with myriad adjustments, it's still coming out a lighter shade of "yuk".

I'll probably take it to a printer and let them give it a try.
--
"Be simple, be earnest and spread that simplicity throughout everything you do."

marcelle19
cross
MVM
join:2002-03-02
Hesperia, CA

1 recommendation

marcelle19

MVM

Have you changed the color format to CMYK prior to printing it out, Leah?

That's the standard format for printing.

What you see in RGB color will not show up on the printed version, as RGB is for web graphics. To see the true color of what will print out, you'll need to put it in CMYK, then make any adjustments you want (however, it is a much more limited format, even though it is the standard for print).

A good print shop will ask you to put it in that format, or for the .psd so they can do it themselves.

If you have a good photo printer (lots of good ones around now - used to be just HP had the good ones), and photo quality paper, setting the color format to CMYK should work. It is much more expensive to have it done at a printer shop, and really, if you have the photo quality printer and paper, and the pic is in the right format, you should be able to get the same results as they would.

Another thing that has been recommended to me in the past is to change the file format to .tiff - I've been told it prints out better (never really tried it myself).

CMYK won't show up on the web, so you'll have to look at it in your photo editor to see how it looks.

Hope this was some help for you.

Oh, and by the way, since you did such a great job adding the flowers to block the cut out vehicles, I didn't finish mine.

I still might though - as a challenge. I remembered some tricks I use to do pics like that, but at the time I was doing it, I'd forgotten about them - it's been a while since I worked on retouching a pic.

CCat
We're all quite mad here
MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland

CCat

MVM

Thanks for the tutorial Marcelle

marcelle19
cross
MVM
Hesperia, CA

marcelle19

MVM

said by CCat:

Thanks for the tutorial Marcelle
I gave a tutorian? I wasn't aware of that.

CCat
We're all quite mad here
MVM
Wonderland

1 recommendation

CCat

MVM

Any hint, tip, or how to do something that someone doesnt know in my estimation is a tutorial.

tu·to·ri·al (t›-tôr“¶-…l, -t½r“-, ty› adj. 1. Of or relating to tutors or a tutor. --tu·to·ri·al n. Something that provides special, often individual instruction, especially:

marcelle19
cross
MVM
Hesperia, CA

marcelle19

MVM

Geeze, I didn't even spell it right.

Well, I'm glad I could share some of the knowledge I've gained from being on this site, despite the misspelling.

It is true what I said about print graphics and web graphics...I learned that the hard way, by going to a print shop and having them tell me what I needed (I had a business at that time, yet it never yielded anything beyond the one account I obtained...a long story, and not worth the telling).

Sparrow
Crystal Sky
Premium Member
Sachakhand

Sparrow to marcelle19

Premium Member

to marcelle19
Bill, thank you so much for (yes!) the tutorial, but NOTHING is working!!

I've printed out dozens of photos in the past, and the colors never did this before. Everything is coming out pea green. I've tried Photoshop, Image Ready, MS Image file, CMYK, .tiff, MS Photo Editor, and the only thing happening is that I am running out of ink!

Of course, because we would like to give this as a Christmas gift, Murphy's Law is moving full speed ahead!

CCat
We're all quite mad here
MVM
Wonderland

2 recommendations

CCat to marcelle19

MVM

to marcelle19
said by marcelle19:

Geeze, I didn't even spell it right.
Just tell people you got your thumb stuck in the keyboard. Thats what I do.

delenn13
De gustibus nil disputandum
Premium Member
join:2006-03-02
Ridgeway, ON

delenn13

Premium Member

I tell them...

"It's my first day with the "new" fingers."

marcelle19
cross
MVM
Hesperia, CA

marcelle19 to Sparrow

MVM

to Sparrow
Gosh, I am SO sorry, Leah! I can't imagine what the problem is, unless it is our computers "look" at the files, which seems pretty flimsy.

Post the best results you have, and we'll see if we can do something with it, okay, dear?

I really can't think of anything else to try at this point...

Sparrow
Crystal Sky
Premium Member
Sachakhand

Sparrow

Premium Member

Bill, I discovered the problemo...
The new magenta ink cartridge appears "broken" and I am heading back to Office Max in a fury... The darn thing isn't sitting properly in the printer and the reason for the sea of pea green... ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

marcelle19
cross
MVM
Hesperia, CA

1 recommendation

marcelle19

MVM

said by Sparrow:

Bill, I discovered the problemo...
The new magenta ink cartridge appears "broken" and I am heading back to Office Max in a fury... The darn thing isn't sitting properly in the printer and the reason for the sea of pea green... ARGHHHHHH!!!!!
GO GET 'EM, LUV!!! HIT 'EM ONCE FOR ME, THE DASTARDS!!!