uniqs
share rss forum feed

FiL
Premium
join:2005-08-16
Silver Spring, MD
reply to slo mo

Re: Comcast usage "Abuse"?

""I wonder if they are calling the people who use only 1/300 of the average amount of bandwidth and giving them refunds""

Right On!!!

They state theres a "limit", but don't state what the "limit" is. Nice.

I might have a faster car, but will be binded by the laws of the road. Now if theres no clearly visible signs, whats the cop gonna do? He cant do much under the law except waste your time, exactly what Comcast did to this guy . Hence why this he wants to know the "limit"...

Refunds for those that "hardly" use the bandwidth!!!

yea thatll be the day...

DSLTech5

join:2000-12-30
San Jose, CA

Some ISPs do offer tiered services for just this reason. I believe AT&T currently does this. The main reason is that, in the past there was typically no difference between a 384/128 and a 1.5/256 or a 3000/384 service, having most of the traffic typically just html and pictures.

Now that we've moved towards more video and audio content, the incentive to have tiered services and pricing makes more sense as it focuses the price structure on the overall usage of the backbone.

I"m currently paying under $20/mo for a 1.5/384 connection but honestly I am on the verge of forking out the $40 for 6Mbit service from Comcast.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to FiL

said by FiL:

I might have a faster car, but will be binded by the laws of the road. Now if theres no clearly visible signs, whats the cop gonna do? He cant do much under the law except waste your time...
Who needs "visible signs"?

»www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22349.htm
»www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22350.htm
»www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22352.htm

I don't know about the state that you live in, but these cover most of the situations in California where speed limits are not posted.

Comcast has limits, even if only vaguely stated.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum