spc
uniqs
Seaboogers
join:2004-11-01
Sarasota, FL

Seaboogers

FIOS is DOOMED!

Why you may ask....

Because Edward Nigma will be releasing the "Box".

There will no longer need to be ANY physical connections or even computers because the internet and TV will be beamed directly to your brain!!!

:-D

Yes this was pure sarcasm...movies buffs should get it though!
jammmin
join:2000-12-14
Upper Marlboro, MD

jammmin

Be careful. This guy is probably being paid huge kickbacks amounts by the cable company lobbyists. His article is very biased.

Verizon does not have a choice if it wants to effectively compete with the cable companies. Verizon cannot compete effectively by just keeping its old legacy copper network. Verizon as well as all the other telephone companies(including AT & T) are loosing thousands of customers daily due to these massive discount triple play packages by the cable companies. For example, Comcast offers its phone, TV and internet packages for $99 a month for a year.

Fiber and FIOS is the only alternative for Verizon at this point. Forget about the investors. Verizon is the only company with the guts to look long term. Its current FIOS internet and FIOS TV are a more robust product and anything out there right now and it is constantly growing.

The only thing holding Verizon back right now is its inability to massively speed up the build out of its fios network to make it more available to areas especially where there is already a franchise agreement in place.

When FIOS TV comes to town in my area, I will dump Directv in a heartbeat. It will be a while since my CO located in Landover, Maryland is not active for FIOS as of yet.